2010 Class probable wish list

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Combo Guard: TJ Taylor (commit)
Point Guard: Phil Pressey (good possibility)
Wing Gaurd: Cam Clark (likely)
Post Player: Alex Tyus (showing OU interest)

Let's get McCallum instead of Pressey. Of course, Pressey is probably more realistic.

Pressey or McCallum....I would take either one....Just have a feeling that Pressey is going to hit a growth spurt...How tall is his dad???

Pressey's not going to grow 5 inches in 2 years. He's 5'7. Pressey is a great penetrator, but he's not going to get a shot in the lane unless he develops a quick floater. He also needs to develop a three. The flipside is he's an excellent transition player, can get everybody the ball, and is uber quick.

That's only 4 players. If Willie and Tiny leave, we should be able to sign two more.

(Not that we'd want them to leave, but Willie probably will, and Tiny has said he hopes to.)

That's only 4 players. If Willie and Tiny leave, we should be able to sign two more.

(Not that we'd want them to leave, but Willie probably will, and Tiny has said he hopes to.)

I doubt Tiny will leave after this season. It seems like we're trending more towards the 2 years then go, than 1 and done. Plus, I think Tiny will be a few steps behind what Blake was as a Frosh, just based on conditioning. And if the NCAA institutes that new rule giving players just a week to contemplate entering the draft without signing an agent, it becomes even less likely because he wouldn't be a sure lottery pick.

Willie will definitely be gone though, that's for sure.

So we'd lose:
JP
Wright
WW
Crock

Franklin and Beau aren't on scholarship.

Spiff I tend to agree with you BUT that being said the Tiny and Blake situations are totally different. If Taylor wasn't back this past season I think it was more likely than not that Blake would have left after his frosh year. He was a lock for the lottery.

That's true, but also look at how much Blake coming back for another year helped him. Tiny will have a very good reference for the amount of improvement one extra summer/season can have on a player if he puts in the time. But yeah, their situations are very different, and I really don't know what kind of a kid he is anyway. So based on logic, I'd say he stays two years, but based on his personality? I obviously have no idea.

Pressey's not going to grow 5 inches in 2 years. He's 5'7. Pressey is a great penetrator, but he's not going to get a shot in the lane unless he develops a quick floater. He also needs to develop a three. The flipside is he's an excellent transition player, can get everybody the ball, and is uber quick.

If i recall right his dad grew from 6'1" to 6'5" or so in college, I grew 5 inches after i graduated, why cant he?

Back