2010 commits?

pnkranger

Reaction score
when will our first 2010 commitments come and who will it be? Looks like about half of the top 150 players have committed...should we expect a commitment this spring, or are we going to wait until the fall signing period?

Maybe during the camps this summer?

To be honest, I expected to already have a commit or two like other schools already, but that hasn't happened. My best guess is something may sprout after the AAU season is over so we may be sitting on goose egg for a while.

TJ Taylor is high on us and I believe his coach was quoted as saying it looked good for OU and TJ could commit in the spring. We'll see. Sounds like Cam Clark will be taking his time.

We have three ships, I think. Our problem is that the kids we're in on are highly contested. OU will get either McCallum or Pressey. These guys are going to go til right after the AAU season. Both of these guys list are so long and if OU makes it to the end with both of these guys they'll probably give each one the ultimatum of being the first commit.

Cam Clark is a guy who we can't afford to go the distance with. When schools like UK, UNC, Texas and Villanova may have Freshman guards who declare and they'll offer him a starting position. I suspect Capel is already recruiting him as the heir apparent to WW like he did with Tiny ala Blake. Arizona, who has started recruiting him lately, is in on ex UK commit Ferguson as it's wing forward.

Pressey is a kid I think will fall too LSU. I think his father has alot of say and LSU coaches are good recruiters as well.

Oyedeji is a guy who has an offer, but I can see OU opting to not recruit him as hard if he is non committal. OU will have some depth at his position.

Taylor will be the first commit. He'll have too. His offer may not last long if other prospects show interest. he is a combo guard and Clark is more valulable at the wing and McCallum is more valuable at the point.

Cothron and Barnes are guys who you stay on as long as possible and hope you're there til the end. You may end up having to Calipari some of present players for a scholarship for one of those guys.

OU will have a guy who we know nothing about like in the past with Pledger, Fitz, and Willis. The common denominator with those guys is that they are all southeast coast kids. Betts, Capel, and Kline's experience in Maryland, Virginia, NC, SC, GA, and Florida will produce a sleeper.

Last edited:
Taylor, Clark, Pressey, McCallum.....all I see are guards. We lose Ryan Wright, Juan Patillo and possibly Tiny Gallon after this year, so why aren't we recruiting big men in 2010? Are we supposed to rely on guys like Hardrick and Allen the next 2-3 years?

Taylor, Clark, Pressey, McCallum.....all I see are guards. We lose Ryan Wright, Juan Patillo and possibly Tiny Gallon after this year, so why aren't we recruiting big men in 2010? Are we supposed to rely on guys like Hardrick and Allen the next 2-3 years?

They'll have to get another big. I was so much in favor of Orton or another post this year because if you look at 2010, it is slim pickins. Washburn is proabably OSU and they can have him to be quite honest. He's a good athlete, but I'm not sold on him as a basketball player. Also, Gallon is not a one and done type guy. He has too many question marks to make that jump. Dejauan Blair, a guy of similar stature had to wait two years after having a great freshman campaign. Problem with getting a big in 2010, many of them won't be able to come in and be an impact.

just a note .. if we don't sign someone in the late period .. we would still have 4 ships at least next year .. 5 if WW turns pro .. 6 if tiny does as well

4 is good because you can get PG, combo, SF, and big.

Tobi, Cam, and TJ all want to wait until after the AAU summer circuit. Otherwise, I bet we would have one or two by now.

I'll just say this. Don't worry about the 2010 recruiting. The picture is still developing. There may just be some surprises that no one has thought of. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Tobi, Cam, and TJ all want to wait until after the AAU summer circuit. Otherwise, I bet we would have one or two by now.

I would love to see all three of them in crimson.

Go get them Capel
:jcapel

Back