2011 Jarion Henry

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Son of former Sooner great Skeeter Henry. The Henry family just moved to Dallas from California, where Jarion was getting tons of attention from Pac 10 schools. Rivals has a nice article up on him, and I thought this quote was really cool by his father:

Any chance at another Henry playing for Oklahoma?

"I'd be proud," Skeeter Henry said, "but that's going to be his choice."

He is a point foward with a lot of talent and upside. I hope Capel gets him.

I hope things turn out better than with the last OU alum with a son named Jerian.

Interesting find, BT. I would love to see a fan favorite's son at OU. Maybe we could bring back the "Skeeter Meter" and have a contest to come up with a clever name to fit Jarion. :)

Here's what ESPN said about him this summer:

Henry may have as much upside as any prospect in the west for his class. The left-handed willowy wing-type possesses an array of skills that are very impressive. He plays extremely hard at both ends and he can be very physical despite his slight frame. He projects to being an elite-level 3-man because of his improved handle and innate ability to locate the open man off the dribble. He is a relentless rebounder as well, although he has a tendency to try to dribble through traffic instead of out-letting the ball to his point guard. His jump shot needs polishing as his release is quite slow. However, he does do a nice job of facing up his opponent to take him off the bounce. Overall, Henry has all the tools to play at the highest level. If he can continue to hone his skills and temper his emotions, his ceiling is unlimited.

I would love to get this kid. Skeeter was one of my all time favorites from my days as a student (88-92). Now if Jeff Webster and Bryan Sallier would have sons...

Kind of random, but I'll post here anyway. In or around 1992 my friends and I were driving back to Norman from an indoor soccer game in OKC. We were in two cars. One of the cars (a jeep) took the I-35 and Lindsey exit a little too fast and flipped on its side. Skeeter pulled up, climbed on top, and pulled everyone out of the car. He then drove them home. Cool story that got no publicity as far as I know.

I never got to the the Skeeter Meter. Anybody have a pic of it?

I would love to get this kid. Skeeter was one of my all time favorites from my days as a student (88-92). Now if Jeff Webster and Bryan Sallier would have sons...

Jeff has a son that will be quite a PG prospect here in a couple of years, so be on the look out.

I don't. It was just a sign students held with a "flip chart" for teh number of 3s Skeeter hit. It was awesome.

OK, I could be wrong here, but I thought it was like a line of light bulbs that lit up the louder it got. Am I crazy? Did I dream this?

OK, I could be wrong here, but I thought it was like a line of light bulbs that lit up the louder it got. Am I crazy? Did I dream this?

Actually that is what it was. I'm not sure what I was thinking of. I guess its been 20 years, and I was most likely drunk at most games when I was a student.

Back