#21/25 OU vs Virginia 1pm 11/19

OU up 44-27 at half. Big game so far from Aubrey Joens off the bench…12 points. 3 3s for Verhulst and 8 each from Skylar and Lexi. Good defense making Virginia shoot contested shots.

57-48 after Q3. Rough quarter for us..they upped their defensive intensity and we struggled with turnovers and missed shots.

Really getting out hustled 2nd half. We relied on shooting, now cooled off and uva has improved

Lol.. just falling apart. UVA has doubled up their intensity

60-54 with 7:46 left. Our lack of size and strength showing this half

Last edited:
Rene Scott also contributed down the stretch with at least one basket and a bunch of assists. We have something in her if she can cut those turnover in half.

9 turnovers for Verhulst. Hard to believe. She is usually pretty steady with the ball.

Rene Scott also contributed down the stretch with at least one basket and a bunch of assists. We have something in her if she can cut those turnover in half.

9 turnovers for Verhulst. Hard to believe. She is usually pretty steady with the ball.

It looked to my like some of Verhulst's turnovers were passes to players who were were not where Verhulst thought they were going to be. Practice should work some of that out.

I think we wore them out with our fast pace. We did that a lot to opponents last year.

If you are a basketball purist this kind of stat will drive you crazy we had I think 16 turnovers in the first half, and yet 44 points and a big lead. The three covers up a lot. We are going to need a big to play better as we get into conference, not sure who it will be, Culleton and Johnson sort of what they are is what they are going to be, Allen is young and needs time and strengthening she likely is the best of the 3 potentially.

If you are a basketball purist this kind of stat will drive you crazy we had I think 16 turnovers in the first half, and yet 44 points and a big lead. The three covers up a lot. We are going to need a big to play better as we get into conference, not sure who it will be, Culleton and Johnson sort of what they are is what they are going to be, Allen is young and needs time and strengthening she likely is the best of the 3 potentially.

IMO, Culleton is by far our best post player, at least for now. Perhaps Allen will get there at some point.

Reyna not Rene. Gonna take the time to post at least learn the names. Or maybe it was auto correct if so my apology.

Allowing 21 points off TOs while getting only 7 will likely get you beat 3+ times in the SEC conference season which is only 6 games away. Especially when we will normally shoot much closer to 33% rather than 43% BTA like we did against Virginia.

Last edited:
If OU cuts down the TOs they might just be the surprise team in the Big 12. Even so, beating Ole Miss and Virginia on the road is impressive with that many TOs. JB I think can really get the program back to Final 4's and championship games.

Allowing 21 points off TOs while getting only 7 will likely get you beat 3+ times in the SEC conference season which is only 6 games away. Especially when we will normally shoot much closer to 33% rather than 43% BTA like we did against Virginia.

SEC conference? :)

Back