#23 OU vs Wichita St Noon 11/6

I really want to see Joens get significant minutes and do really well. I think she really helped us last year. One of my favorite players. Just quietly steals the ball, gets a rebound, shoots threes. Usually doesn't miss around the bucket, a good free throw shooter, good passer, not many mistakes, as I remember.

Down 38-34 at half. 17 turnovers…we were not ready at all for how hard and aggressively they played defense. And it was everyone making turnovers. WSU has 2 pretty good guards and they have been the 2 best players on the court.

Came out of half with much better intensity. Scored 1st 9 points and continued to pore it on all quarter. 69-49 lead going to the 4th quarter. Verhulst best player for us in that run.

Last edited:
She absolutely was. Keys too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good win. The second half was basically all OU. Almost everyone that played – starters and reserves – contributed. I'm impressed. Just think what this team could become with Liz Scott on the floor.

Thought the returning players looked fit and well conditioned. Liked the look of all the new players. Keys and Peyton are good all round players. Allen and Williams looked like really good players. Scott really looked improved. So. Good start

Thought the returning players looked fit and well conditioned. Liked the look of all the new players. Keys and Peyton are good all round players. Allen and Williams looked like really good players. Scott really looked improved. So. Good start

Scott may be improved especially in scoring but she is still a bit of a turnover machine at times

Scott may be improved especially in scoring but she is still a bit of a turnover machine at times

I noticed that too, soonerchuck. She seems out of control at times but I think she has definitely improved. Next year after Tot is gone may be her break out year.

Does anyone know for sure what happened to Kelbie W? Did her medical issues end her playing career? I read she isn't on the roster anymore, but can't find any explanation.

Soonerchuck: I thought there were a ton of unnecessary or unforced turnovers by almost everyone including R. Scott. Not worried now, as in the ladies' game, there are always a lot of turnovers in the early season as the players get used to game speed. We should improve in this area through the year. If we don't, this will be the teams problem area that keeps them from reaching their goals.

BTW, small sample size to this point to make any judgments, but I think we are going to be substantially better on defense this year (by years end). I just think we are bigger, more athletic and deeper. I just don't see how we cannot be really improved on defense.

Should be a good game on Thursday, and maybe we will know more about the team.

Soonerchuck: I thought there were a ton of unnecessary or unforced turnovers by almost everyone including R. Scott. Not worried now, as in the ladies' game, there are always a lot of turnovers in the early season as the players get used to game speed. We should improve in this area through the year. If we don't, this will be the teams problem area that keeps them from reaching their goals.
Scott had the most turnovers and a bad ratio of minutes played to turnovers made, reminding me of Kelbie last year who frequently tried miracle passes.

Of course Jenni's fast-paced offense is going to generate a fair number of turnovers.

I have zero reason to believe turnovers will improve. Jennie doesn't seem to care about it at all -- as if she'd rather her players take risks offensively and turning the ball over is a small symptom of that.

I like this team. Not sure if the ceiling is higher than last year, but they'll be just as fun to watch. We will, however, get destroyed by teams with a dominant center again. Ayoka Lee is already salivating.

Jennie doesn't seem to care about it at all -- as if she'd rather her players take risks offensively and turning the ball over is a small symptom of that.

...seem...as if...you are a mind reader???

Look, turnovers are regularly a result of fast pace.

I would rather score 100 points and have 25 turnovers than to score 70 points and have none and lose.

It is the style JennIe wants to play and I think it’s fun, exciting and a winning style. Fans love it. The ladies clearly love it .

Some of you folks just need to take a deep breath and exhale.

Yes, we should do all we can to reduce our turnovers.

It just seems to me that some folks just need an excuse to *****.

I treasure all of you and this board…but really.. chill out and enjoy the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back