4 Guard's = the TX Tech Spread Offense

buttermaker1

Reaction score
4 guards will never play in the big sand box. How do you beat a team with 2 true post players with a 4 guard lineup? You can't.

Reminds me of the TX Tech spread offense.

Lineup doesn't really matter if you can't defend. No matter what lineups we've had this year we can't defend.

Lineup doesn't really matter if you can't defend. No matter what lineups we've had this year we can't defend.

not EVERY game has been bad

we have made SOME improvement

we've just reverted back to square one the past two games

We played well against Arkansas and Arizona but those teams aren't near as good at this point. Arizona probably has some talent they just have a new system. I don't get why the program here looks like it has no system at this point.

this seems like a bad comparison. i wish our 4 guard lineup was half as effective as leach's spread offense.

Thats all fine and dandy but he said 4 guards can't go up against 2 true post.

The four-guard approach works fine if you defend.

If you don't, it's a recepie for disaster.

this seems like a bad comparison. i wish our 4 guard lineup was half as effective as leach's spread offense.

We can't defend the post with 4 guards and we can't run a traditional offense, easy buckets from the post create open looks. Point being BB is like all sports. If you can't do the basics, blocking and tackling(FB) = rebounding, strong post play and defending(BB) you won't beat the good teams.
Leach can outscore most but he hasn't won the south yet with the spread offense, I haven't see a 4 guard lineup win the big 12 in BB.

The four-guard approach works fine if you defend.

If you don't, it's a recepie for disaster.

Yep.

It's all about if the offensive mismatch you get with your "4" on theirs outweighs any defensive deficiency.

You got to have a guy with some bulk to guard the opposing 4 man. I think Tony Crocker might be too slight to do it.

Yep.

It's all about if the offensive mismatch you get with your "4" on theirs outweighs any defensive deficiency.

You got to have a guy with some bulk to guard the opposing 4 man. I think Tony Crocker might be too slight to do it.

Honestly his defense isn't really the problem it's the other 4 guys that can't really defend.

Honestly his defense isn't really the problem it's the other 4 guys that can't really defend.

Nick I love Crocker but he can't defend a 6-9 post player and can't keep the guy off the boards or slide over on help D and bring the pain.

Heck doesn't matter if you play 1 guard or 5 if you hit all your shots you win. That is not the point. No team shoots 68% every game, if you can't defend you can't win shooting 50% most days. You can't defend good teams with a 4 guard lineup.

Back