OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Per OU's box score, 9,178 was the "Attendance" aka paid attendance to last night's game.

The "Estimated Attendance" was 4,521.

So 4,657 people paid for tickets and did not show up. :facepalm

Man thats awful. I plan to take my basketball team sometime towards the end of the year!

Really sucks for the player. If I still lived up there, I'd have season tickets.

Per OU's box score, 9,178 was the "Attendance" aka paid attendance to last night's game.

The "Estimated Attendance" was 4,521.

So 4,657 people paid for tickets and did not show up. :facepalm

Yep, very sad. I guess on the bright side, the athletic department is getting money for the games even if no one shows up. I think there were almost 13,000 tickets sold for osu game even though about 9,000 showed up.

This will continue to happen when we have a home game the same time the thunder do

What was the paid attendance for OSU? We had close to 8,700 there.

They need a marketing department who calls past ticket buyers and come up with ways of getting people in to these early games. Do they have an active marketing department out selling their product?

Ultimately it's easier to sell if they keep winning. And I watched the Tech game and found it incredibly boring. Can't put my finger on it but something about the offensive style is like watching paint dry....

Yep, very sad. I guess on the bright side, the athletic department is getting money for the games even if no one shows up. I think there were almost 13,000 tickets sold for osu game even though about 9,000 showed up.

Everyone of those people who purchased tickets should be called a few days before the game to see if they plan on coming. If not, ask them if they'd be willing to give their tickets to students.

Problem solved.

Everyone of those people who purchased tickets should be called a few days before the game to see if they plan on coming. If not, ask them if they'd be willing to give their tickets to students.

Problem solved.

Alas, not solved. The OU students just do not go to basketball games, even with free tickets.

Alas, not solved. The OU students just do not go to basketball games, even with free tickets.

How about this - you pay them to come?

:ez-laugh:

I was gonna say lower the drinking age, but that would require nullifying federal drinking laws which is unlikely...

Last edited:

Puzzling. I guess when I was that age, either I was more well-rounded, or it was just a "new thing" to go to the LNC that I never minded. And, back then, OU scored between 60-80 for most home games, and there was no three-point line or shot clock. We just liked going for the sake of it, and to support our team.

People tend to forget about the class guys they had back in the late 70's, because they mentally focus on what happened with Dave Bliss about 25 years later at Baylor. But those were good guys on the roster, and they were fun to watch and support.

I attended every home game in the 5 years I was at OU. I helped Mike Trepps with the broadcast a couple of years for the student radio station but otherwise was in the stands at the fieldhouse.

And the teams were bad. A least one 5 or fewer win season; I don't remember for sure. The game had passed Bruce Drake by and Doyle Parrack, who had great success at OCU didn't do any better. He was a tough guy and one year a lot of his players quit and he suited up the team manager, a guy named Jack Majors.

One problem, at least in student attendance, was the package deal they ran where students could get Football & Basketball tickets for a cheaper price than buying them separately. Now, student basketball tickets are sold out but those students don't come to the games.

There's certain students, myself included, that wanted to only buy season tickets for basketball but were dismayed to find out they were all sold with football tickets.

Back