A win is a win!

FaithfulSooner

Reaction score
Before some of you get your feathers all ruffled. unc seemed to be a pretty good team. It will be interesting to see what they do the rest of the season. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

A win like that may have been perfect. These guys just beat Arkansas, Arizona and Utah, three pretty respectable programs and then darn near lost to UNC. Perhaps they will recognize that it is all about effort and defense without suffering a loss.

Did the team practice this week? My guess is no they did not. This team really needs to practice. When they could not practice after the VCU game they fell apart and played horrible basketball. I wouldn't give up on these guys yet.

The team had finals this week. Like I said a win is a win. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:OU-logo:

No. They go by the University of North Colorado. Our basketball team had finals this past week. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

No. They go by the University of North Colorado. Our basketball team had finals this past week. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

And so too did N. Colorado. Seems like Capel didn't want to hear that excuse. Why is it different when it comes from your mouth?

Who said it was an excuse. I just pointed out to you that we won. It's clear what you're trying to do, but sorry. You won't get any play here. We won the game today. There will be plenty more opportunities for this team to get better. Heck if you stick around. You might just see WW pull things together. I like our team. I like the fact that WW is on our team, and I feel like things are still coming together. That's why I'm not so quick to bash a player in the ground. Just for the integrity of the board and my respect for the board. I will not be responding to any of your posts anymore. Nice talking to ya. Continue to watch the team get better. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:OU-logo:

Who said it was an excuse.

I like the fact that WW is on our team

That's why I'm not so quick to bash a player in the ground.

Just for the integrity of the board and my respect for the board. I will not be responding to any of your posts anymore.

Then why did you bring it up?

Who cares if you like it!

Stats mean nothing to you. For some, performance is measured by stats, but what do they know?

You're willing to do me such a grandiose favor? Where was this sympathy in the first place?

Okay let's clarify a little. The reason I mentioned finals was because Denver asked if we practiced much this week. The answer is no. In my opinion our team needs as much practice as it can get. I think not getting to practice as much plus the fact that unc is a pretty good team made the game what it was today. I know unc had finals. However, unc is a little older and experienced than we are. As I titled the thread. We won today. I'm glad we won. So that pretty much says it all. I'll leave it right there for you guys to continue with. OU WON TODAY! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

haha you think these guys are spending laborious nights studying for finals?

...............ok.........

It's not whether you win or lose--It how you polay the game. Right? That is why so many of us are sick tonight---the lousy way the game was played. Also, you don't have to practice to put forth effort.

Well I have to disagree that Finals had nothing to do with our teams game, the difference between us and Northern Colorado, is our team put 4 Freshmen on the court today. If you noticed the only two kids that played good for us were Crock and Davis, A Sr. and a Jr. respectively. Kids that have been through finals week before. Another thing this was UNCs biggest game of the year. They had no problem with effort, UNC was pretty good, they came on the back side of a 3 game run in which we beat Arkansas, Arizona, and Utah. Monday we have a huge game against UTEP who is very, very good. Don't get me wrong this team has a lot of problems to overcome, but we also have a lot of talent on the floor. Our D was atrocious today, just Terrible for lack of a better term, there was absolutely no backside help. If Tiny goes to help someone this puts our team in a bad position. Someone (A player) must communicate this. Good news is my long drive home was after a Win not a Loss, keep your chins up fellows and hope for a better outing tomorrow.

I also noticed some say we should have won by 7-8 points, well we do if we make free throws in the last 41 seconds. We missed 3 front ends

Last edited:
Northern Colorado has finals and had to travel.
Finals had nothing to do with the game today.

You don't know when UNC had finals? According to their calendar it looks like finals week ended on December 11. Not all schools have the same schedule.

Finals and not practicing has a lot to do with performance.

The purpose of this thread was simply to say that we won the game. Finals were only brought up because our team didn't practice as much this week. Remember what happened last time we didn't practice as much. Our performances were very bad. As a young team we need practice. That's all my point was. For those who tried to turn this thread into something else. WE WON THE GAME! ON TO THE NEXT GAME! End of story. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

No, a win is not a win. Coach Capel does not accept this. It is NOT the end of the story; OU has not started BIG 12 play yet. We have much work to do. Winning can feel like losing sometimes, just ask Coach Capel and the boys.

NO EXCUSES!

You can tell who never played much ball around here. UNC played a heck of a game. We got sloppy for a couple stretches and they took advantage.

Props to them and we need to eliminate the sloppy stretches. It's that simple.

As for yesterday, Capel was blowing off the reporter more than taking a shot at Willie. Guaranteed.

Back