A win is a win!

I coach 7th and 8th graders at a school here in OKC. I also coach 2nd and 3rd graders at the YMCA. I was an assistant coach at one of the smaller college's here in OKC for 4 years. I still coach baseball, football and volleyball year around. Coaching is a blast. :)
What conference does your team play in?

I coach 7th and 8th grade football and basketball. We mostly play the PC schools and Edmond.

BTW, I can think of several games where my kids and myself were not happy after a win

boys and girls, or both?

Seton (from Edmond) can cause some problems. Those folks take ball very seriously. They are always well coached and the kids are tough. We play Deer Creek and a few Edmond schools during softball.

Boys basketball. Is Seton a school? All the Edmond MS's have good boys basketball and football teams. It's a challenge every time we play one of the Edmond MS's. PC is a different story.

Boys basketball. Is Seton a school? All the Edmond MS's have good boys basketball and football teams. It's a challenge every time we play one of the Edmond MS's. PC is a different story.

Seton is a wealthy Catholic school in Edmond. All the Edmond kids can play it seems. The PC kids are kind of hit and miss. I coach boys and girls. My wife coaches when we have to split because of time conflicts. It's amazing how many games are 30 minutes apart 30 minutes across town. lol

do your basketball teams ever play in team camps in the summer. I am wanting to put on a team camp this year in Yukon.

do your basketball teams ever play in team camps in the summer. I am wanting to put on a team camp this year in Yukon.

We usually attend camps at Bishop McGuiness and play games at some of the larger chruches around the city (usually 8-10 games). Doesn't Yukon have a new gym? I know some of these camps generate a lot of money. In fact, I've thought about it myself. I'm so stretched, it would be hard to find time.

We usually attend camps at Bishop McGuiness and play games at some of the larger chruches around the city (usually 8-10 games). Doesn't Yukon have a new gym? I know some of these camps generate a lot of money. In fact, I've thought about it myself. I'm so stretched, it would be hard to find time.

Do your teams play in the Bishop 8th grade tourney in January?

For those saying nobody should be disappointed b/c it was a win, I disagree. I played sports at a fairly high level (competition-wise) growing up. And once I got old enough to care about the season and long-term goals, as opposed to the game that day, I absolutely had days where I was disappointed after wins. Sometimes I was disappointed in the team as a whole. Sometimes I was disappointed in individuals on the team. And quite often, I was disappointed in myself. That is called having a fire, or a competitive edge. Champions are never content. Champions always expect more out of themselves. Champions never quit trying to improve.

I'd like to think this team has worked hard since the Alaska-fiasco. How in the world can they not be disappointed in yesterday's effort as a team? Capel admitted as much when he said we "didn't deserve to win." Perfect example of simply winning a game b/c you were superiorly talented and playing at home. That is why the team, and coach, probably were disappointed.

Do your teams play in the Bishop 8th grade tourney in January?

The girls are playing the Deer Creek tourney 3rd week of Jan. The younger boys do not play in the Bishop tourney. Most of the games are at the lighthouse off Hefner Rd.

This is our first year to play in that tourney. I hope the competition is good.

I don't drink beer that often, but when I do, I do drink Dos Equis.

In all seriousness, all the Whiskey in the world would have to be gone for me to drink beer, but Dos Equis isn't bad.

Jack & Diet with a lime.

Time to move on and get ready for UTEP......

Glad we pulled out the victory. I believe that we will play better.:OU-logo::OU-logo::OUbball-logo:

Back