A win is a win!

No, a win is not a win. Coach Capel does not accept this. It is NOT the end of the story; OU has not started BIG 12 play yet. We have much work to do. Winning can feel like losing sometimes, just ask Coach Capel and the boys.

NO EXCUSES!

This is so true. People like to sugar coat bad wins but deep down they know it hurts.

Is anybody is hurting deep down over the win yesterday they need to change their life.

I doubt many fans hurt after a bad loss but many coaches and players do.

Being a former player and current coach, I understand this very well. The coaches and players are not happy today. That is as frustrated as I've ever seen Coach.

A win is never "just a win."

Either you played well or you didn't, that's the bottom line.

As someone who went through finals and played at the same time, I will give the younger guys a pass in dealing with the "stress". However, it's not like this week just came out of the blue. Willie does not fall into that category, though, he has no excuse.

Is anybody is hurting deep down over the win yesterday they need to change their life.
Not to mention the people whose ego gets larger and larger every time Willie misses a 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a former player and current coach, I understand this very well. The coaches and players are not happy today. That is as frustrated as I've ever seen Coach.

Totally disagree. They are probably all happy today and focused on getting better while at the same time giving credit to their opponents. What good would it do to be "hurting deep down" after a win? Watching film to correct mistakes? Sure. Sad? Over what?

LOL @ Anybody who is hurting deep down after a win. This is how you can tell whether people played or not. Players tend to take things about 1/10th as hard as fans because they actually are living their own life, not vicariously through somebody else.

Totally disagree. They are probably all happy today and focused on getting better while at the same time giving credit to their opponents. What good would it do to be "hurting deep down" after a win? Watching film to correct mistakes? Sure. Sad? Over what?

LOL @ Anybody who is hurting deep down after a win. This is how you can tell whether people played or not. Players tend to take things about 1/10th as hard as fans because they actually are living their own life, not vicariously through somebody else.
I tend to live vicariously through myself.

Totally disagree. They are probably all happy and focused on getting better while at the same time giving credit to their opponents.

"As I've said so many times before, I don't think you can ever be disappointed when you win a basketball game, and I'm not"
-Doc Sadler

Where do you coach Deacon?

I coach 7th and 8th graders at a school here in OKC. I also coach 2nd and 3rd graders at the YMCA. I was an assistant coach at one of the smaller college's here in OKC for 4 years. I still coach baseball, football and volleyball year around. Coaching is a blast. :)

Do you drink Dos Equis?
I don't drink beer that often, but when I do, I do drink Dos Equis.

In all seriousness, all the Whiskey in the world would have to be gone for me to drink beer, but Dos Equis isn't bad.

Ok, sounds great. Appreciate your insight. :)

I coach 7th and 8th graders at a school here in OKC. I also coach 2nd and 3rd graders at the YMCA. I was an assistant coach at one of the smaller college's here in OKC for 4 years. I still coach baseball, football and volleyball year around. Coaching is a blast. :)
I wish I was in middle school still, although we rarely had officials that would sign up to officiate where our middle school was located so we had to get fans to do it, lol. Middle school... good times, all the curiosities, cliques, which gang am I going to join, etc.

Now, do your 2nd and 3rd graders get upset after a win? How do they play during finals week?

You obviously have no clue. No one is saying there are some players needing medicine for depression this morning. But players and coaches are not happy when the win and play like crap. Especially in this instance. There are some obvious problems for this team. There were a few games (Ark, AZ, and Utah) were OU looked like they were going to get over this hump. But last night all those issues showed up again. Coach Capel showed he was concerned in his post game comments and the team would be blind if they weren't concerned as well.

I wish I was in middle school still, although we rarely had officials that would sign up to officiate where our middle school was located so we had to get fans to do it, lol. Middle school... good times, all the curiosities, cliques, which gang am I going to join, etc.

Now, do your 2nd and 3rd graders get upset after a win? How do they play during finals week?

We don't guard as well when we have finals. Yes, my kids get upset when win, but play poorly. Boomer Sooner!

Back