Another Top Target in Norman This Weekend

GParker

Reaction score
Aziz N'Diaye, a talented 7 footer from the College of Southern Idaho, will take in Wayman Tisdale Day at the Lloyd Noble Center this Saturday as the Sooners battle Texas. N'Diaye will join Sooner signees Cameron Clark and T.J. Taylor. 2012 forward Perry Ellis will also be in attendance.

It is turning out to be a huge recruiting weekend for Coach Capel and company.

In case you missed it, here is the interview that OUHoops.com reporter, Matt Hensley, did with N'Diaye last week.

get_image

Agreed. Close the deal. This kid can really help us next year.

I'd love to have this guy policing the paint for the next three years.

This would be step one in getting us ready to compete at a higher level next year.

This would be big, and it would change my expectations for next year. Plus, he could still sign one of those Kansas juco guards. That changes the look of the team next year.

N'Diaye would give OU a quality big to play opposite of Gallon at the other post position. No one on this year's team, except Tiny, is much of a threat to score, and you can bet that every team we play is well aware of that fact.

N'Diaye and/or Jones would also take some of the pressure and attention off of Tiny, plus they would push him for playing time, which will only make him better. Surely no one believes Tiny is too worried about someone on the current roster taking his minutes?

This would be huge. The kid likes to rebound and play defense. We know that Coach Cline can help him develop his offensive game. I would really like to see us get this kid. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

It's hard for me to believe Aziz will be a real difference maker. I looked at the stats of Kyle Rowley at Northwestern who was Aziz teammate in Chicago.
He's averaging 10 minutes a game 2.4 RB, 2.1 points, 0.2 blocks a game.
Kyle was supposed to be a better 7' prospect coming out of HS.

That 0.2 blocks a game really jumps out at me for a 7' player.
Do we need another project at post?

Whats Aziz's offers look like? Rivals shows none.

It's hard for me to believe Aziz will be a real difference maker. I looked at the stats of Kyle Rowley at Northwestern who was Aziz teammate in Chicago.
He's averaging 10 minutes a game 2.4 RB, 2.1 points, 0.2 blocks a game.
Kyle was supposed to be a better 7' prospect coming out of HS.

That 0.2 blocks a game really jumps out at me for a 7' player.
Do we need another project at post?

Whats Aziz's offers look like? Rivals shows none.

You have to understand that Aziz was brand new to the game when he came over to the states for high school.

He averaged 8.5 points and 7.9 rebounds on a really good JUCO squad last year. He put up 10 points and 18 rebounds against DeMarcus Cousins and the rest of the US Global games squad last summer.

If you are saying that Aziz probably will not be be a difference maker as a scorer next season at Oklahoma, then I would say that you are probably right. But he would absolutely help with rebounding, post defense, and shot blocking. He also has really nice hands for a man his size and that should help him be on the receiving end of a TMG alley-oop.

I guess difference maker is in the eye of the beholder, but I think he is exactly what this team next year in the post, and we are lucky that he is still around at this point due to the ACL injury.

On January 26 he had no visits scheduled (according to the article). Did OU get his first visit? If so perhaps that is a good sign.

You have to understand that Aziz was brand new to the game when he came over to the states for high school.

He averaged 8.5 points and 7.9 rebounds on a really good JUCO squad last year. He put up 10 points and 18 rebounds against DeMarcus Cousins and the rest of the US Global games squad last summer.

If you are saying that Aziz probably will not be be a difference maker as a scorer next season at Oklahoma, then I would say that you are probably right. But he would absolutely help with rebounding, post defense, and shot blocking. He also has really nice hands for a man his size and that should help him be on the receiving end of a TMG alley-oop.

I guess difference maker is in the eye of the beholder, but I think he is exactly what this team next year in the post, and we are lucky that he is still around at this point due to the ACL injury.

A guy that can run the floor, play defense, pass in the high post and pick up garbage points would be a huge addition to the team. Even if he is know better than Ryan Wright offensively, he will still be a big help. Plus he can probably finish more often than Right because he is a few inches taller.

I just want him to be an instant contributor. Whether that's in rebounds and blocks or purely minutes, I don't care. I can't stomach another big guy sitting the bench. I'm optimistic about this guy. Alot more than Robert Goff.

How well does he get up the court? Will he be a threat on the break at all?

Has anybody seen any film on this guy; or seen him play? At all?

Update: N'Diaye arrived in Norman yesterday and will be taking a campus tour and meeting the team today.

Back