Any chance Willie stays?

afaSooner

Reaction score
What we have 8 regular season games remaining and perhaps a handful of post season? He didn't necessarily light the college season on fire this year and some think he fell in the draft. If he comes back for another year he could drastically improve his stock could he not?

I don't think he should hire an agent but I understand if he declares. Some guys succeed in the NBA while others don't get drafted at all like Ace.

I think he definitely can improve as a player, and if that's what WW wants then he should stay.

Never understood why Ace didn't get a chance.

Me neither. Guy would be good picking and popping in the NBA. Isn't he a similiar size to Etan Thomas?

Anybody know where Ace ended up? Loved that guy during the final two months of his senior year. It clicked for him in a BIG way.

Me neither. Guy would be good picking and popping in the NBA. Isn't he a similiar size to Etan Thomas?

Anybody know where Ace ended up? Loved that guy during the final two months of his senior year. It clicked for him in a BIG way.

I knew Derrick, ETAN now, growing up. He is much bigger than Ace. He is probably closer to 6'10 if not 6'9.

Ace, I was shocked his lack of height when I saw him in Tulsa. It was at Pigues Pop Off. I honestly think he is closer to 6'6, maybe 6'7. Ace just didn't have a position in the pros because heisn't a 3 man and is too small to be a 4 man.

Ace wasn't quick enough to play the 3 or big enough to play the 4 in the NBA......by their standards.

If his ankle continues to bother him then I think that might decrease his stock far enough to where he might come back. I personally think he has a high ankle sprain which is one of the most annoying injuries to have especially for a player like Willie.

What we have 8 regular season games remaining and perhaps a handful of post season? He didn't necessarily light the college season on fire this year and some think he fell in the draft. If he comes back for another year he could drastically improve his stock could he not?

From what I understand, there is very little (if any) chance that Willie will stay next year no matter what happens the rest of the year.

If Brandon Rush stayed 4 years, then there's definitely a chance Willie stays 3.

If that is the case, so be it. I would think after such a disappointing season he might show some maturity and realize how much a great JR. year could help his stock. Honestly we might be better off with out him. I hate saying that because I was such a big fan of his game last year and had such high hopes for him this season. But all the talk this summer about his maturity and all the hype and to get a season like this has just made me lose so much respect for him.

I honestly can't think of a more disappointing player in college basketball in recent memory. I mean he was pretty much a consensus pre season All American and top 5 draft pick before the season started, and the POY from several sources. He was supposed to be the face of the program and the leader of a top 10-15 team, instead we are one of the most disappointing teams in the nation and he is the main reason.

I'd love nothing more than to see him get healthy and finish the season on a great note. I would actually be very happy at this point if he helped guide us to an NIT championship. That would be an accomplishment for this team, because let's face it, unless they find a way to win 2 road games and win all 4 at home, there is no shot at the NCAA tournament this season.

I'd love to see WW finish strong and help the team and if he wants to leave, great, but it will be a very disappointing end to the story of WW to see this team underachieve so greatly and watch him jump ship instead of coming back and trying to do something special next season.

Now that TMG is getting comfortable in his role, imagine how good the Sooners could be if Willie, once healthy, could relax and learn to play with him.

Never understood why Ace didn't get a chance.

Because he was a one dimensional player and the NBA will take that one dimension away. Ace was a great player but he scored 90% of his points on baseline jumper about 10-15 feet from the basket. I don't think he gets that shot in the NBA without an ability to penetrate and take it to the rim, hit a hook shot and add a few other weapons.

If Willie can get drafted, then yes he should go. I think Blake clearly made Willie a better player than he really is. Willie's actions on and off the court lead me to believe that Willie thinks and expects to be good, but doesn't want to buy into what Capel wants from him. If he were to come back he could possibly lose any chance he has of making the NBA. Next year he would have no preseason hype, whereas this year he can still live off of it.

Now that TMG is getting comfortable in his role, imagine how good the Sooners could be if Willie, once healthy, could relax and learn to play with him.

I think this is the problem, both need to dominate the ball to be effective. Just watch when teams go zone against us, Willie and TMG are up top...it's painful to watch the lack of ball movement.

I think Willie's mom really does a good job of looking out for him and helping him make smart decisions. If she doesn't think he'll go high in the draft, she'll advise him to stay in school for another year.

Not being a homer , but he should come back for another year. He was disappointing and now hes hurt. I cannot see him going in the lottery.

Back