any news on barnes?

SammyB

Reaction score
Im beginning to hear that duke is kind of getting out of the race for barnes..

I thought Duke was almost a sure thing with Barnes??

Im beginning to hear that duke is kind of getting out of the race for barnes..

A lot of that has been rumor, I believe, stemming from the fact Duke has turned up their recruiting efforts on Roscoe Smith. It could be the case, but there has been no comment made by Barnes to lead anyone to believe it is.

I don't buy into that, personally.

It's going to be near impossible to find anything out before Barnes announces his decision on Friday. Throughout the entire recruiting process he's been tight lipped. Any time I ever asked him a question that he felt could tip his hand.. he responded "I don't want to comment on that"... which is something I've never heard a recruit say. So, I think anyone saying what he's going to do is simply going to be making a guess.

I think everyone believes that Barnes is a 1 and done kid if things go according to plan, i know that Coach K recently did not recruit thetypes of kids who would turn pro after 1 or 2 years. Do you think some of that is playing a factor?

I think everyone believes that Barnes is a 1 and done kid if things go according to plan, i know that Coach K recently did not recruit thetypes of kids who would turn pro after 1 or 2 years. Do you think some of that is playing a factor?
Kyrie Irving (a one or two and doner type kid) just committed there so I think Duke's recent struggle in the NCAA tournament has made him change his recruiting style. Adding an elite talent like Barnes to an already experienced team is actually a great mix to make a title run (Syracuse is an example).

If that ever was the case with Coach K, which I don't know it ever was, perhaps the fact Duke hasn't made it past the Sweet 16 since 2004 has something to do with the change.

Back