Apparently we hate OSU basketball....

:ez-laugh:

I was so upset today after that loss. When I got home, I finished watching OU beat Texas, and I just lost it. I could not contain my anger towards OU any longer.

The worst part, I feel, is that a lot of my residents could not understand why I was upset that OU beat Texas. They were happy about it. I gave them all a lecture on why I hate OU and why every OSU fan should hate OU and hope Texas beats them at everything just like we should beat them at everything. Their response, "well, losing to OU is ok, but losing to Texas sucks."

I don't think the current students, or athletes for that matter, understand how much OU sucks and they think Texas is our big rival... Idiots.

that thread was pathetic. It just depressed me to be reminded that there are people out there like that. They are the result of parent telling them to hate the color red from the day they are born. I know people like that and it's really sad.

What kind aggie fails to realize is that we had better attendance for many years before the Sutton era. They had great support during the Iba dynasty.

I also think they are starting to find out that it is not as easy as it sounds to fully support both your football and hoops programs...

I mean, we've had as rocky a year as a team can have, and fans are still showing up for games. Unless we've had back to back home games this year, we have usually come into Lloyd Noble with our last game being a frustrating loss...and we have still come out.

And this is more than a team playing at THE HISTORIC GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA

I hate oSu basketball if for no other reason that their previous regime did every single thing that they could to get OU put on probation. Kelvin shouldn't have been texting, but Eddie Sutton and Sean Sutton passing judgement on anything is a complete and absolute joke. Oh, and did I mention that they stunk for about 50 years?

I do feel sorry for them that wrestling no longer is relevant. They had built tradition in a sport that still meant something 40 years ago. It was at least equal to hoops in the early part of the 1900s.

Why do they stay in the B12 and in the shadow of OU, ut , Neb and KU when they could be a TCU in football and a Memphis in hoops?

:ez-laugh:I was so upset today after that loss. When I got home, I finished watching OU beat Texas, and I just lost it. I could not contain my anger towards OU any longer.

The worst part, I feel, is that a lot of my residents could not understand why I was upset that OU beat Texas. They were happy about it. I gave them all a lecture on why I hate OU and why every OSU fan should hate OU and hope Texas beats them at everything just like we should beat them at everything. Their response, "well, losing to OU is ok, but losing to Texas sucks."

It also seems like his "residents" have more sense about Texas than he does.

I don't think the current students, or athletes for that matter, understand how much OU sucks and they think Texas is our big rival... Idiots.

Too bad the OP also didn't understand that Texas doesn't have much more use for OSU than they do OU. To the Austin folk, Okies are Okies.

Last edited:
That thread brought some sunshine to my cold heart.

Here is what the "gooner haters" don't get:

1. Bandwagon Fans: The more the better as far as I am concerned. In EVERY SPORT, it is easier to get top kids who grew up a fan of your university. Don't discount the appeal of a particular school to a recruit based solely on "being a fan".

2. Location, location, location: OU is located in the southern part of a metroplitan area that contains more than a million people; oSu is not. Where would you choose to go given the alternative?

3. Diversity: One of the things that make me most proud of OU is the diversity that is clearly one of President Boren's priorities. Go to Stillwater and tell me how diverse it is.

4. Fake "tradition": oSu won two championships in hoops that deserve an asterik...they won with an uneven deck. Students at "agricultural" universities were eligible for draft deferrals [in the 40's, that was kind of a big deal]. Without those deferrals, they don't sniff a championship.

5. Arrogance: This aligns with #1, and is a fairly recent outbreak. But TBP putting "money" into that program showed out their true colors...puke. Completely irresponsible way for a public university to handle its finances. Pickens will put them back 50 years before he is done.

and lastly "6." Doing everything to be better that OU. You never beat big brother. We have Boren, they have a hack whose only qualification was kissing up to a donor, we have Castiglione, they have a golf pro whose only qualification was kissing up to a donor, we have Stoops, they have a guy who is 40 and, you guessed it, kissed up to a donor, we have Capel, they have a guy with a foul mouth and little man's syndrome [perfect fit?].

OU is just better. Not THAT hard to figure out.

I have more apathy toward OSU basketball than hate. Football wise, it's all apathy. I don't care about the other sports, although I am a big MLB fan.

I hate oSu basketball if for no other reason that their previous regime did every single thing that they could to get OU put on probation. Kelvin shouldn't have been texting, but Eddie Sutton and Sean Sutton passing judgement on anything is a complete and absolute joke. Oh, and did I mention that they stunk for about 50 years?

Agreed! The ole Drunk is nothing but a hypocrite and he almost put Kentucky on the death penalty.

Last edited:
It wasn't in this particular thread (the one linked here), but I stumbled across a similar one once that was comical. One Ag said something to the effect of "even the goons know, deep down, that we're much better in basketball...."

All I could do at the time was :ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll: .

Last edited:
This is pathetic and basically sums up exactly how my friends/family are that are osu fans:

"However you have to realize that uo beats OSU in most every sport except Wrestling and mayne Golf and we have had trouble winning in wrestling lately. It is painful to lose to uo but that is reality. Always has been and probably always will be. You have to enjoy the few times when OSU beats ou and swallow the bitter taste of defeat when we lose to uo which is more often than we would like. That doesn;t have to mean that we like it, but we have to take it and move on. Life as an OSU fan is tough, but you can take pride in the school and the educaton that you are getting and how special and great OSU and Stillwater are. No one realizes that except the people that go to school there. There is more to life to like and enjoy and enjoy all the aspects of life and put OSU sports in perspective, that it is only a small part of real life."

This is pathetic and basically sums up exactly how my friends/family are that are osu fans:

"However you have to realize that uo beats OSU in most every sport except Wrestling and mayne Golf and we have had trouble winning in wrestling lately. It is painful to lose to uo but that is reality. Always has been and probably always will be. You have to enjoy the few times when OSU beats ou and swallow the bitter taste of defeat when we lose to uo which is more often than we would like. That doesn;t have to mean that we like it, but we have to take it and move on. Life as an OSU fan is tough, but you can take pride in the school and the educaton that you are getting and how special and great OSU and Stillwater are. No one realizes that except the people that go to school there. There is more to life to like and enjoy and enjoy all the aspects of life and put OSU sports in perspective, that it is only a small part of real life."

Why do you think it is pathetic? That kind of defeatist attitude is so goofy that I'd be shocked if an OU fan didn't write it. oSu is a "good" school and they are making strides in football; however, they are finding out those strides can come at the expense of being able to support other programs. The reality is that OU is just a "better" school all the way around than oSu, and athletic programs are no exception.

Why do you think it is pathetic? That kind of defeatist attitude is so goofy that I'd be shocked if an OU fan didn't write it. oSu is a "good" school and they are making strides in football; however, they are finding out those strides can come at the expense of being able to support other programs. The reality is that OU is just a "better" school all the way around than oSu, and athletic programs are no exception.

Very simple for me, I find it pathetic b/c its true. Ive heard my friends and family make comments similar to those posted.

The fan you quoted sounds like the only osu fan that has an idea what actually has been happening. IMO, that is not pathetic, his light just came on quicker than the others. All except the part about Stoolwater being great, pffft hahaha

That thread is hysterical. It points out there are about 2 realistic Poke fans & the rest are so delusional that they lead totally unhappy lives because they base everything on beating Big Brother - which doesn't happen much!
:tmg

That thread brought some sunshine to my cold heart.

Here is what the "gooner haters" don't get:

1. Bandwagon Fans: The more the better as far as I am concerned. In EVERY SPORT, it is easier to get top kids who grew up a fan of your university. Don't discount the appeal of a particular school to a recruit based solely on "being a fan".

2. Location, location, location: OU is located in the southern part of a metroplitan area that contains more than a million people; oSu is not. Where would you choose to go given the alternative?

3. Diversity: One of the things that make me most proud of OU is the diversity that is clearly one of President Boren's priorities. Go to Stillwater and tell me how diverse it is.

4. Fake "tradition": oSu won two championships in hoops that deserve an asterik...they won with an uneven deck. Students at "agricultural" universities were eligible for draft deferrals [in the 40's, that was kind of a big deal]. Without those deferrals, they don't sniff a championship.

5. Arrogance: This aligns with #1, and is a fairly recent outbreak. But TBP putting "money" into that program showed out their true colors...puke. Completely irresponsible way for a public university to handle its finances. Pickens will put them back 50 years before he is done.

and lastly "6." Doing everything to be better that OU. You never beat big brother. We have Boren, they have a hack whose only qualification was kissing up to a donor, we have Castiglione, they have a golf pro whose only qualification was kissing up to a donor, we have Stoops, they have a guy who is 40 and, you guessed it, kissed up to a donor, we have Capel, they have a guy with a foul mouth and little man's syndrome [perfect fit?].

OU is just better. Not THAT hard to figure out.

Nice.

Back