Are we making a run at Lamont Jones?

Sooner23

Reaction score
I'm probably answering my own question when I tell you the source of this rumor, but a poster on OUInsider says he's hearing we may be involved.

Now, this guy could be hearing this from the voices in his head late at night after sniffing glue and printouts of Hale's recruiting updates, or it could be legit. You just never know nowadays with people who pop up with this stuff on the internet.

For those who don't know who Lamont "MoMo" Jones is, he was a very highly-rated guard who played with Tiny at Oak Hill. He signed with USC, and the reports out there now are that he was looking at Florida and Arizona and maybe Memphis. Here are highlights of his game...........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EtqlVmWoPo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nBghqog8MI[/ame]

Last edited:
Seems as if there might be some legs to this rumor.

Maybe we will play a 4 guard lineup next year. It worked for the little guy in Stillwater

Felton, get us some post players!

Last edited:
Sounds as if we are in the running for him, also somebody said that we might be in on a guard named Gary Franklin. Ryan Randolph has joined the team as well I hear.

Sounds as if we are in the running for him, also somebody said that we might be in on a guard named Gary Franklin. Ryan Randolph has joined the team as well I hear.

Gary Franklin is a 2010 PG that AdaSooner mentioned several days ago. He decommitted from U$C when the stuff hit the fan with that program. He is one of several PGs that we are in on in 2010.

Ryan Randolph had the option of walking on for the football team or the basketball team, and went with hoops. I love getting Oklahoma kids to walk-on and be apart of the program. I only wish he could have gotten Daniel Orton over here!

Mo Mo Jones is a really skilled player. Kudos to Capel if he is able to get him to join us. I would be a little surprised though as that would make two really good pgs going to the same school.

Back