Attention recruits

no ... we need players who will bust their asses on both ends of the court. IDC if they play guard or post (although post would certainly help).

no ... we need players who will bust their asses on both ends of the court. IDC if they play guard or post (although post would certainly help).

This. Post is the bigger problem, but our guards have problems as well.

Sad that our post depth has become what it is.

What happened with Fitz? I thought he might be a factor for us this year and provide some 'beef' underneath.

Post playters please apply!!!!

Other than Gallon we do not have nobody down low. Is fitzgerald that bad? We are a parimiter team and if the shots are not falling boy we suck. Coach please tell these guys to attack the rim, I cant believe how we just jack up shot after shot. Gonna be a long year folks.

Re: Post playters please apply!!!!

We don't have anybody in the middle except Tiny to clear up space for our guard to penetrate. Do you see every time Willie penetrate there are 3 UTEP guys in the middle without any post for him to pass to?

Other than Gallon we do not have nobody down low. Is fitzgerald that bad? We are a parimiter team and if the shots are not falling boy we suck. Coach please tell these guys to attack the rim, I cant believe how we just jack up shot after shot. Gonna be a long year folks.

Offense is not the worst of our problems. When a team shoots 57.9% from the field and 62.5% from three, defense is the first thing that needs to be fixed.

Offense is not the worst of our problems. When a team shoots 57.9% from the field and 62.5% from three, defense is the first thing that needs to be fixed.

Team can penetrate and get to the basket easily against us because we don't have post presence. They are not afraid of getting block. Last year they can't because of Blake Griffin.

My grandmother has been dead since 1963. She could score on a drive to our basket.

If I am a post player, I don't know if I am going to go to OU. They have 3 post players (Wright: played for 3 years, Orlando: 1 year and half, Fitzgerald) just sitting on the bench not developing. There is something wrong with the coaching staff.

If I am a post player, I don't know if I am going to go to OU. They have 3 post players (Wright: played for 3 years, Orlando: 1 year and half, Fitzgerald) just sitting on the bench not developing. There is something wrong with the coaching staff.

Do you just suppose that they may be developing in practice so they can get good enough to play in a game?

Do you just suppose that they may be developing in practice so they can get good enough to play in a game?

You can't just ask them to develop in 2 or 3 hours of practice. You assign someone to work with them for hours and hours.

This isn't the NBA, they're are rules of practice limits. Unless they want to make the effort in the summer to get outside help (pretty sure Longar did this( the coaches are really limited in how much they can help develop a player.

If you want a NCAA violation....

then let Orlando or Fitzgeral play, hoping that they will develop by conference tournament and making a run. The last 6 or 7 games are a patch and will not work period against team with athletic post players. It was a bad move by Capel to not develop his post guys for the last 6 or 7 games instead going with a patch lineup just for the win. He should know that line up will not work defensively against team with bigger athletic post.

Fitz basically does the same things Gallon does at a lesser level. Add to that, he's more deficient defensively.

Back