Barnes update from Rivals!

cwilson, you are guilty of cruel and unusual punishment. Not everyone is privy to a premium sub w/ rivals. Without giving too much premium content, would you give a general idea of what is going on?:confused:

cwilson, you are guilty of cruel and unusual punishment. Not everyone is privy to a premium sub w/ rivals. Without giving too much premium content, would you give a general idea of what is going on?:confused:

So sorry man, I've had a subscription for so long its like second nature...

The main things were -

Duke and NC are pushing really hard for Barnes, both having in homes the final day...

He enjoyed his visit to OU, and the writer speculated that OU "made up ground" in the race...

The main direct quote from Barnes was that OU is definitely in his thoughts and is in the race. That it is not just a UNC/Duke battle and that UCLA is in it too along with KU...

Not a ton of unknown stuff but he was positive about OU and I think his interest is genuine.

ehh, nothing major. Just the usual. Loves Capel, Tiny, TMG, and Willie. OU still has a good shot after his visit. He will take all 5 visits, and have a good idea after which school is right for him.

So sorry man, I've had a subscription for so long its like second nature...

The main things were -

Duke and NC are pushing really hard for Barnes, both having in homes the final day...

He enjoyed his visit to OU, and the writer speculated that OU "made up ground" in the race...

The main direct quote from Barnes was that OU is definitely in his thoughts and is in the race. That it is not just a UNC/Duke battle and that UCLA is in it too along with KU...

Not a ton of unknown stuff but he was positive about OU and I think his interest is genuine.

Thank you, sounds pretty good, but those final two visits make me a little nervous.

Re: Barnes Visit per Scout (Members)

Nice article but basically nothing new.

FWIW, Capel may be changing his mindset, but I vew Jerry Meyer as a guy who treats OU as an afterthought in many recruiting battles, so the fact that OU was discssed prominently in the article tells me that Barnes had quite a bit to say about us.

Just my .02

Nice article but basically nothing new.

FWIW, Capel may be changing his mindset, but I vew Jerry Meyer as a guy who treats OU as an afterthought in many recruiting battles, so the fact that OU was discssed prominently in the article tells me that Barnes had quite a bit to say about us.

Just my .02

Do you mean changing his (Capel's) mindset away from Barnes, or focusing in on Barnes?

I think he is (or soon will be) putting as much focus on Harrison, as possible. Capel can land the guys he wants and he knows it. So why not focus on a guy he wants to get? Not only that, but from all the things that I have seen, I see no reason to give up on Barnes, or even lighten your approach. I say, full steam ahead.

I think he means that Capel is changing Jerry Meyer's view of the program.

I think he means that Capel is changing Jerry Meyer's view of the program.

I sure hope so! haha If that is the case Mr.B!!!, I'm sorry if it seemed like a harsh reply! haha

But yeah.... our program is changing! (For the better)

Why would you say without giving premium content? Why not just summarize the content. Cutting and pasting would be a copyright infringement but unless you sign a confidentiality agreement you have a right to discuss essentially anything you want.

The most ridiculous thing about the internet is the way people act like website material is a secret. Any legitimate news agency would be happy for you to discuss their content so long as you attribute them as the source. If I read enough interesting things attributed to Rivals paysite, I might purchase a subsrciption.

Yep, I meant that Capel is changing Meyer's mind about where OU stands as a program...I could have been more clear. No worries!

Back