#17 OU vs Iowa State 1:30pm 3/11 on ESPN 2

Soonercuda

Reaction score
Big 12 tournament semifinals...winner plays Texas/Kansas St winner tomorrow night

If you need ESPN+ please click below and help out OklahomaHoops.com ( most of our softball and baseball games )

LINK: Live Sports Streaming, Original Shows & Award-Winning Documentaries

Stream exclusive live sports from UFC, Baseball, College Basketball, Soccer, Golf, and more. Plus, get ESPN+ for the cost of $9.99 monthly or $99.99 with an annual subscription

Last edited:
Another slow start… hopefully we can start hitting. 3’s are wide open

Total bullcrap no call on the fat girl for the clones. Total charge but not called.

Ah well.. hopefully we can make a run in the ncaa

What a massive disappointment. Already beat them twice our defense both inside and perimeter was horrible, and we couldn't make a shot. So much for a home subregional

I haven't seen OU look that unathletic since, well, December. It was bad. Bad shooting and just seemed out of it. 6 seed, here we come.

85-68 loss. ISU played really well…none of our bigs could stop Crooks and ISU shot the 3 extremely well. Verhulst made shots and ended up with 23 but otherwise we couldn’t make shots when it was remotely close. Now we wait until Sunday for our NCAA spot…likely a 5 seed.

The defensive intensity we played the last 4 minutes should have been played ALL GAME, especially with a bench this 'deep' I mean, there were soo many times they were wide open from 3pr and today they just hit about 50% of them....this team wasn't ready to come out and battle today and gave this game away in the first 5 minutes. Then came out after halftime the exact same freakin' way. They were having their way with us inside and what does JB do?? She plays small-ball all second half, not putting any of our bigs in to help defensively. I put this one on our staff.

If we ever want to get up above or inside of top 15 we have got to get a darn Center. And Liz Scott is not a Center either...otherwise we'll always have that glaring weakness, and in the SEC we play big girls who will take it inside on us all dang game! So disappointing, just lost any momentum we built up seeding-wise today...

What a massive disappointment. Already beat them twice our defense both inside and perimeter was horrible, and we couldn't make a shot. So much for a home subregional
This is only out second time to play them this season...correct?

Only played once, in Ames. I don’t remember their big girl playing… maybe she did. Great game plan by coach. Course helps their guards hit their 3’s.

Isu will be the b12 power, as they have but they have 5 really good fr

Only played once, in Ames. I don’t remember their big girl playing… maybe she did. Great game plan by coach. Course helps their guards hit their 3’s.

Isu will be the b12 power, as they have but they have 5 really good fr
I’ve said for 20 years that imo, when it comes down to just the X’s & O’s, Fennelly is the best in the conference for my money. His problem is getting top notch talent to Ames, Iowa.

We just couldn't handle their big girl. Also she did not have to be directly under the basket to make shots. She is better that OSU's big girl. Cullison just couldn't handle her so we had to go with Sahara Williams at center on defense. That obviously didn't work to well either. Kiersten Johnson only play 3 minutes.

As always, the post season is a brutal game. They let them play. It will be the same way or worse in the NCAA.

We missed a bunch of open shots early and then I think we lost patience and starting taking shots that were not quite so open. Disaster.

We just couldn't handle their big girl. Also she did not have to be directly under the basket to make shots. She is better that OSU's big girl. Cullison just couldn't handle her so we had to go with Sahara Williams at center on defense. That obviously didn't work to well either. Kiersten Johnson only play 3 minutes.

As always, the post season is a brutal game. They let them play. It will be the same way or worse in the NCAA.

We missed a bunch of open shots early and then I think we lost patience and starting taking shots that were not quite so open. Disaster.
Have to wonder why Johnson only played 3 minutes. I don't think Keys even shot the ball much

Under the weather so did not watch much, but it seemed to me the team was just off. Of course, maybe my take was just off.

Some kind of a rule change is in order, or maybe enforcement of what is already the rule. With the proliferation in women's ball of girls like Crooks who just back their way down forcing the defender backwards, that is what we used to call charging. And some enforcement of the three second call would help. She played when we played in Ames, the difference then was we were running and making shots, and similar to what happened when we played OSU, if you make players like Crooks run up and down the court they tire out pretty quickly.

She played when we played in Ames, the difference then was we were running and making shots, and similar to what happened when we played OSU, if you make players like Crooks run up and down the court they tire out pretty quickly.
This is 100% correct. When you've got a mastodon like that clogging up the middle (that's what my HS coach called them) you have to make them work for EVERYTHING. We were beat midway through the first quarter. Semis in KC are a death spiral for us.

Yeah, we ran them ragged in Ames and in our second meeting we started very sluggish and soft on defense, and they pretty much got everything they wanted against us. You could see a clear difference in UT's intense defense against them, vs. ours. They struggled to get open shots against them, but had TONS against us. Having a real, talented, productive scoring-wise center would have helped us so much against them. When shooting is cold, it's always a relief to feed it to your post for high percentage shots, but our 'posts' just don't have it. And I don't think Liz Scott is really a center either, so unless we bring someone in next season we'll pretty much have the same weakness, in a much tougher from top to bottom conference, the SEC.

Joens really p*ssed me off, as she literally shoots the ball every time she touches it on offense, if she's open or not. Those horrible offensive possessions are empty possessions and might as well be TOs. Between her and Scott turning the ball over 3 times in a row early in the game, we were in just way too big of a hole to get out of. I wish Keys shot the ball more. She took 2 shots and made them both...we need her to be more aggressive moving forward to have a chance! I believe we are out of any chance of a 4 seed right now, so we'll probably go 1-1 in the tourney, like the last 2 seasons. Even if we were rewarded with a top 4 seed, we wouldn't have been able to host, on account of gymnastics hosting the Big 12s that same weekend :(

Back