>>>>>Oklahoma [2-0] vs. Northern Iowa [2-0] Game Thread<<<<<

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
>>>>>Oklahoma [2-0] vs. Northern Iowa [2-0] Game Thread<<<<<

Tip-off is set for 6:30PM (CST) on ESPNU.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211306290

FRIDAY'S GAME BASICS
After defeating Tulane, 89-70, in the quarterfinals of the Tire Pros Invitational, Oklahoma (2-0) is slated to face Northern Iowa (2-0) in the tournament’s semifinals in Orlando, Fla. The contest will tip at 6 p.m. CT at the HP Field House at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex. Northern Iowa advanced to the semifinals by defeating Arizona State, 82-63.

Tonight’s winner will advance to the Tire Pros Invitational championship and play on Sunday, Nov. 20 at 6:30 p.m. CT against the winner of Clemson and Xavier. The losing team will compete for third place against the loser of the Tigers-Musketeers matchup on Sunday at 4 p.m. CT.

ON THE AIR
Friday's game will be televised nationally on ESPNU with Rich Hollenberg and LaPhonso Ellis calling the action. The contest will air on the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM “The Franchise” in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing.

FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
• OU is 13-4 when playing in-season tournaments games under Lon Kruger, including 4-1 in second-round games. The Sooners have won at least two games and finished in third place or better in all five in-season tournaments under Kruger. Last year, OU claimed first place at the Diamond Classic in Honolulu, Hawaii, defeating Washington State, Hawaii and Harvard. The Sooners have won 10 ot their last 12 in-season tournament games.

•Oklahoma is 59-14 in non-conference games under Kruger, including 23-9 when played at a neutral site. The Sooners have won 16 consecutive regular season non-conference games, with its last loss coming to Washington (67-69) on Dec. 20, 2014.

• The Sooners have found early shooting success in the first two games of the 2016-17 season. Oklahoma shot 32-of-62 (.516) from the field against Tulane on Thursday after going 37-of-63 (.587) in Sunday’s season-opening win against Northwestern State. It is the first time since 2008 that OU has shot above 50 percent in both of its first two games of the season. The Sooners lead the Big 12 with a season field goal percentage of .552 (seventh in NCAA). OU also boasts the conference’s top 3-point field goal percentage by going 17-of-35 (.486) from behind the arc in its first two games (fifth in NCAA).

• Through two games, Oklahoma is outscoring opponents 102-69 in the second half. The Sooners are shooting .655 from the field in the second half of games, including 8-of-12 (.667) from 3-point range.

• Senior guard Jordan Woodard stuffed the stat sheet in Thursday’s quarterfinals win against Tulane. The senior finished with 22 points, seven assists, six rebounds and four steals in 30 minutes. He shot 6-of-12 in the game, including 4-of-6 from 3-point range. Woodard’s outing was the ninth 20-point contest of his career and the first time he has surpassed 20 points, five rebounds and five assists in one game.

SERIES HISTORY
• Friday’s matchup will be the first meeting between the Sooners and Panthers.

• Northern Iowa is one of two teams currently in the Missouri Valley Conference that Oklahoma is yet to play (Evansville). The Sooners are 30-18 all-time against current MVC schools. OU has not faced an MVC team during the Kruger era. Oklahoma is scheduled to face Wichita State on Dec. 10 at Oklahoma City's Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [2-0] vs. Northern Iowa [2-0] Game Thread<<<<<

Tip-off is set for 6PM (CST) on ESPNU.

For those that have to dvr and watch later the game before ours tips at 4cst so ours will probably tip around 6:30cst.

This one would be a big win for our resume. It will certainly be a challenge for our young guys.

Ok, so I'm getting that sit around legends bullcrap...no early coverage..anyones else?

Ok, so I'm getting that sit around legends bullcrap...no early coverage..anyones else?

I don't think so. I'm getting the same boring bs too.

I know one thing. I'm ready for the game to start!

Hang onto the popcorn for game time is just around the corner.

Whew..I was worried. On now..🖒

Khadeem with an early foul! :facepalm

James has a smooth shot when he has his feet under him. Odomes is reticent to taking the outside shot as he likes to defer and pass the ball instead. And the defense is playing well but the offense leaves something to be desired.

Khadeem with an early foul! :facepalm

Bad one at that...had no chance to get it.

Rough start..it'll b post defense by committee

Well this start is less than ideal. We can't buy a bucket

Two palmings to this point. Odomes loves to drive to the bucket.

Why are we not posting Doolittle...geeze

Strong carries the ball everytime...lucky only called once

Two palmings to this point.

Is that a point of emphasis this year? I feel like I have seen more In 1 week than all last season

James needs to take at least a dozen shots if not more per game.

James needs to take at least a dozen shots if not more.

At least twenty if they're good shots. UNI doesn't have an answer for him.

I know it looks ugly but I find myself continuously saying "nice" and "good board". Love the interior help and the rebounds. and the hustle. good stuff.

Basketball is rarely fun to watch early in the season but I like watching this potential. I always like how LK plays a lot of guys early in the season as well.

And Khadeem back to warm the bench. Did Cole just make a shot!

Back