OU vs TCU Big 12 Tournament 2pm CST on ESPN+

So does ksu beating texas push us down a little more?

It shouldn’t really impact us I don’t think. It definitely locks up the 20 point kstate win on the road as quad 1, though. As long as Texas doesn’t drop below 30 I think those games against them stay quad 1.

The usc, Providence, Arkansas wins should help SOS.

Last edited:
I think KSU is only a threat if they beat ISU tomorrow. Which could happen.
I agree, tonight doesn’t get them there, but another win tomorrow and I’m nervous. They had a less than stellar noncon, but they have wins over KU, Baylor, BYU, ISU, and Texas. In other words, they beat the two teams we beat, plus three otters with a chance for more.

I agree, tonight doesn’t get them there, but another win tomorrow and I’m nervous. They had a less than stellar noncon, but they have wins over KU, Baylor, BYU, ISU, and Texas. In other words, they beat the two teams we beat, plus three otters with a chance for more.
Oh yeah, I didn’t realize they had that many good wins. Wow. This is Tang’s second year correct?

They are 30 spots behind ou in the net. They also got destroyed by 20+ on their home court by a full strength ou. They have to win the tournament to make it.

They are 30 spots behind ou in the net. They also got destroyed by 20+ on their home court by a full strength ou. They have to win the tournament to make it.
At a snapshot after today, KSU is 9-13 in Q1/Q2, OU is 9-12. KSU has 5 Q-1 wins, we have 4 Q-1 wins. The difference is we are 5-0 in Q-2 games, they are 4-6.

At a snapshot after today, KSU is 9-13 in Q1/Q2, OU is 9-12. KSU has 5 Q-1 wins, we have 4 Q-1 wins. The difference is we are 5-0 in Q-2 games, they are 4-6.

We played 4 more quad 1 games than them and lost 0 games outside quad 1. They will play a quad 1 tomorrow also. A win would absolutely inch them closer but still behind ou imo.

KSU will have to win the Big12 to get in. They are not jumping OU

They are listed as:

Next Four Out - DOM's bracket
Outside looking in (outside the bubble) Jake Liker's bracket
Not on 1-3-1's bracket+bubble at all
Dropped out of bubble in Crazysportsdude's bracket
Next Four Out - Bauer's bracket

Bauer said:

Kansas State: Pop, re-inflate, pop, re-inflate, rinse, repeat. You’re making this tough on me, Kansas State! After weeks of debating whether or not the Wildcats deserve a spot in the bubble talk, I’ve decided to see it through with them following Saturday’s win over Iowa State (likely KSU’s best of the year). But there’s still a ton of work for Jerome Tang and company to do in Kansas City this week in order to get a good look from the selection committee—raising those metric averages (57.5 résumé, 63.0 quality) is imperative, as is addressing a lackluster 8-13 Quad 1/2 record and atrocious 3-10 mark in non-Bramlage contests. With the Big 12 being the beef factory that it is, the Cats will get their chances and more, as NET top-30 opportunities against Texas and Iowa State are there and ripe for the picking. Have to capitalize immediately, or it’s midnight in Manhattan.

A lot of hand wringing but I think it’s been shown that conference tourney wins aren’t viewed the same as during the regular season by the selection comittee, at least recently. Oklahoma and Kansas just sat guys to heal up for next week and I don’t think either was the wrong decision.

the turnovers were a killer for sure ... BUT >. i like that they kept fighting ..

Oweh and Los both showed a little on O .... i hope that continues ..
For all the talk of guys being unhappy on the team because of Moser, the offensive tempo/scheme etc there hasn't been a game this year where the guys haven't played hard regardless of the injuries. Credit for that has to go to Moser, there's been plenty of times where they could have just quit during games and they just haven't.

Compare that to the showing Kansas put on last night against Cincy.

For all the talk of guys being unhappy on the team because of Moser, the offensive tempo/scheme etc there hasn't been a game this year where the guys haven't played hard regardless of the injuries. Credit for that has to go to Moser, there's been plenty of times where they could have just quit during games and they just haven't.

Compare that to the showing Kansas put on last night against Cincy.
We competed for about 10 minutes. People act like playing hard/well the last 10 minutes is a badge of honor. We routinely have games where we get curb stomped the first 10 minutes of each half. Are those minutes not important? I don't get much satisfaction from games like yesterday, or at Texas, or against UNC, where we make a late run after the other team lets down after building a huge lead. Compete harder and smarter from the start, and you aren't going to be in that situation on a regular basis.

As for KU, no objective fan could question their effort yesterday. They simply missed a ton of shots, which is the norm for them lately. We spent 25-30 minutes turning the ball over like a grade school team.

Did anyone ever verify if "WTSooner" was "WichitaSooners" burner account? I've wondered this for a long time and these message usually come around the same time as "WichitaSooner". If not, my apologies, but I've wondered this for a long time.

Crazy that tcu can take off a full 5+ mins and it doesnt matter to the final score
I seriously doubt they" took off a full 5+ mins" but it certainly does matter to the final score unless we were only 7 points behind 5+ minutes earlier.

Back