OU vs osu 6pm CST on ESPN+ ....Toby Keith Night

Well, Baylor last week got at least three in the home game against ISU, including one of the weakest head coach ejections ever. But again, you generally don’t see it because most players are composed enough not to push the envelope the way a couple of our guys do. In college, pretty much everyone knows that there are a couple things you can’t do: stare down and yell directly at your opponents, and demonstrably argue with the refs. Question them a bit? Sure, within reason. But angrily arguing and showing them up is a no-no, just like in baseball. And at a minimum, once we got the first one, the guys need to realize that the crew wasn’t going to let things slide.
I was at the game. Multiple times osu players got into ou players face after a foul and the refs got in between and pushed players apart. Normally I would not say that was a big deal. But considering how quickly they called OU for T’s, I am surprised that was not called at least once. One time OSU player clearly bumped ou player then said something. OU may have deserved there’s, but it that’s the criteria, the. Osu had at least one.

All I’m hearing is your refuse to give PM any type of credit.
I’ve credited him in about 5 separate threads for improving the roster this year. What else does he deserve credit for at this stage? The memorable NIT run two years ago?

I’ve credited him in about 5 separate threads for improving the roster this year. What else does he deserve credit for at this stage? The memorable NIT run two years ago?
Having the team in the top 25 for the majority of the year maybe?
With a roster that is quite a bit less talented than most big 12 teams.
I honestly don't think most of our starters would start for many other teams in the conference. Maybe Moore. Maybe LOS

Having the team in the top 25 for the majority of the year maybe?
With a roster that is quite a bit less talented than most big 12 teams.
I honestly don't think most of our starters would start for many other teams in the conference. Maybe Moore. Maybe LOS
But they are NBA guys, right? And Oweh is the best guard in the league?

We don't have top-end talent like KU or Houston or Baylor. But our top 8 certainly stack up fine compared to most teams in the league. I get whiplash from how all over the place this board is when it comes to evaluating talent.

But they are NBA guys, right? And Oweh is the best guard in the league?

We don't have top-end talent like KU or Houston or Baylor. But our top 8 certainly stack up fine compared to most teams in the league. I get whiplash from how all over the place this board is when it comes to evaluating talent.
Unfortunately many, including myself, placed to much stock in what some outside experts were saying about draft possibilities of ou players. The players showed some strong non conference games and a few weak. But as you say, clearly not nba ready based on what we have seen on court lately.

Last edited:
Unfortunately many, including myself, placed to much stock in what some outside experts were saying about draft possibilities of ou players. The players showed some strong non conference games and a few weak. But as you say, clearly not ready based on what we have seen on court lately.
I think the takeaway is, pay attention to which outsiders you follow. Los appeared in some reputable mocks, but there has never been a single mock by any legit source that even listed JM as a potential second-rounder. The one twitter guy some people have cited is a complete and total clown. He and one of the writers for the student newspaper are the only people who tout JM as a draft prospect.

I think the takeaway is, pay attention to which outsiders you follow. Los appeared in some reputable mocks, but there has never been a single mock by any legit source that even listed JM as a potential second-rounder. The one twitter guy some people have cited is a complete and total clown. He and one of the writers for the student newspaper are the only people who tout JM as a draft prospect.
I don't recall anyone ever saying JM would be drafted. Maybe i'm wrong though.
Los yes, and it could still happen.
Oweh is not likely but he still has room to grow.

I don't recall anyone ever saying JM would be drafted. Maybe i'm wrong though.
Los yes, and it could still happen.
Oweh is not likely but he still has room to grow.
Trying to find it, but an espn big 12 preview show stated JM would be surprise of big 12 and draft status is rising. Then he started strong, so I think some ran with that.

Could it be the fact that his Sooners are one of just six Big 12 teams with a winning record in conference play. Or possibly that there are eight teams behind OU in the conference standings?

Could it be the fact that his Sooners are one of just six Big 12 teams with a winning record in conference play. Or possibly that there are eight teams behind OU in the conference standings?
If that holds true at the end of the season, I will absolutely give him credit for that. As of now, we are done with KSU, UCF, and WVU, have yet to play Houston or Baylor, and still have games left with KU and ISU. If we end up over .500 given what we have in front of us, I'll be more than happy to give him props.

If that holds true at the end of the season, I will absolutely give him credit for that. As of now, we are done with KSU, UCF, and WVU, have yet to play Houston or Baylor, and still have games left with KU and ISU. If we end up over .500 given what we have in front of us, I'll be more than happy to give him props.
Grudgingly, I'm sure. But whatever happens, I'm quite confident we'll both remember these posts and one of us will make sure the other doesn't forget. ;)

Back