OU vs osu 6pm CST on ESPN+ ....Toby Keith Night

JM had a terrible overall night, and he's had a handful lately. But let's not forget which 93% FT shooter iced this game. His 4-4 from the line in the final seconds was no small thing from a team that was otherwise 55% tonight.

Come on really? So if Moser keeps doing terrible coaching that costs Sooners games, you still do not want him to leave?

Moser did a good job coaching the Sooners to stay focused on overcoming the adversity of the worst officiating you can imagine.

Listened to the radio replay, and Toby Rowland had the call of the season when he said that the fan who made the half court shot got T’d up for celebrating too much. He jokingly said the foul shots will be taken in the rematch in stillwater.

Really, other than darts friendly roll from 3 late nothing went our way and we still won.
What bad luck did we have? All of the stuff that went against us (turnovers, missed FTs, undisciplined techs and flagrants) were completely within their control. It’s not like OSU got lucky rolls or had crazy bounces go their way. It feels so long since we have put together a full game. We better pick it up or the next few games will be brutal, because the competition is ramping up.

Moser did a good job coaching the Sooners to stay focused on overcoming the adversity of the worst officiating you can imagine.

Listened to the radio replay, and Toby Rowland had the call of the season when he said that the fan who made the half court shot got T’d up for celebrating too much. He jokingly said the foul shots will be taken in the rematch in stillwater.
It isn’t adversity when you do it to yourself. Moore and Oweh absolutely deserved their Ts. If an opponent did what they did, you’d all be going nuts if they didn’t get a T. The flagrant was also obvious.

Moser could easily have taken care of this stuff months ago. I think all of our techs this season have come from 3 players. Whatever he is/isn’t doing to get a handle on it clearly isn’t working. It’s happened so many times this season. We probably have double digit techs this season. We didn’t keep our focus, we clearly melted down for about a 5 or 6 minute segment.

It isn’t adversity when you do it to yourself. Moore and Oweh absolutely deserved their Ts. If an opponent did what they did, you’d all be going nuts if they didn’t get a T. The flagrant was also obvious.

Moser could easily have taken care of this stuff months ago. I think all of our techs this season have come from 3 players. Whatever he is/isn’t doing to get a handle on it clearly isn’t working. It’s happened so many times this season. We probably have double digit techs this season. We didn’t keep our focus, we clearly melted down for about a 5 or 6 minute segment.

Was sitting in the 2nd row and could hear/see everything. Only the hugley flagrant was legit. Based on the Ts called previously, they should have called a T on osu for pushing Hugley afterward. That was way more egregious than any of the techs they called on ou previously. Also they missed a clear undercut foul that should have been a flagrant that Kevin pointed out on the broadcast. The officiating was an embarrassment.

It looked like Oweh's T came when he complained after being fouled not once but twice on a drive to the basket. I assume he spoke more harshly than perhaps he should have (but I don't know--it's just my best guess). He was right that he got fouled twice on the play and right that he should have gotten the call, but if he crossed a line in speaking to the official, that's a dumb thing to do and he should know better.

JM had a terrible overall night, and he's had a handful lately. But let's not forget which 93% FT shooter iced this game. His 4-4 from the line in the final seconds was no small thing from a team that was otherwise 55% tonight.
Good point. He's been really clutch from the FT line....

Officiating is simply inept and inconsistent now. One cannot begin to predict what will and what won't be called. The freshman big for oswho had a drive to the basket where he blatantly arm-barred the OU defender to ward him off but the defender drew the whistle. He was shocked, showing the arm that the oswho big had extended, but of course to no avail.

In the women's game tonight, there was a call where an OU defender was set while the ISU player drove to the basket. Absolutely set. Flat-footed, and for two or three steps on the part of the Cyclone player, who plowed right into the Sooner defender. There was simply no defense for the call. A near-sighted six-year-old would have gotten it right.

Toby was shocked that Godwin drew his fifth foul from the bench. He said he's been around him plenty, that he was probably the nicest guy in the arena and that he's never even heard him curse. These officials now seem to look for trouble. Again, Moore deserved his, although why not give him a warning? And perhaps Oweh deserved his too, but what could Sam have said from the bench that necessitated or even justified that call? Toby and Kevin said at one point that they thought the officials needed a time-out (and I took it to mean the kind of time-out one gives a three-year-old). They said they just seemed rattled and a bit out of control. I think it's a fair assessment. Toby and Kevin both noted that yes, the game was physical but not nearly as bad as other games they'd seen this season. The officials just seemed to be over-reacting much of the time. It just wasn't all that chippy.

Last edited:
Was sitting in the 2nd row and could hear/see everything. Only the hugley flagrant was legit. Based on the Ts called previously, they should have called a T on osu for pushing Hugley afterward. That was way more egregious than any of the techs they called on ou previously. Also they missed a clear undercut foul that should have been a flagrant that Kevin pointed out on the broadcast. The officiating was an embarrassment.
Moore and Oweh got theirs at opposite ends of the floor, so unless you were sitting in the second row on both baselines, I’m not sure how you would have any idea what was said. I just wish we could get through one game where the board doesn’t act like we are the only team occasionally on the wrong side of a call.

Was with grandkids… then a local band…

BUT…Holly crap the officiating sucked A$$…

The woman and that old fat fart. He’s the one that called JM’s 3 at tcu no good because if the leg kick out.

Sam’s 4th foul was ridiculous. The poke threw an elbow first.. actually knocked him back

There was an early foul on Oweh I think… in the lane. Poke drove, jumped INTO Oweh … literally which knocked his arms down.

Couple of baseline drives that we got forced out.

Uzan’s “shot” that was ruled a pass..

With that said…

Moore- fricking shut your mouth… deserved that. Great dunk inbounds play … just go flex with your team.

Oweh - same…

Big John… deserved his.

Got to keep composure… especially in a tight game.

My initial thought was the pokes jump on the physicality of the game right away… play tight until the refs mane you change.

A win is a win but man, don’t give me much “hope” for rest of the season. No expectations…

Boomer

I just wish we could get through one game where the board doesn’t act like we are the only team occasionally on the wrong side of a call.
I know I dont watch as much basketball as many on this board but how many conference games have you seen three technical fouls called on the home team? Much less a bench technical fouls where someone fouls out as a result.

Back