OU vs #19 BYU 7pm CST on ESPN+ 2 Dollar Concessions (Popcorn Beer Soda)

The rules reportedly state--and officials have repeatedly said (including before tonight's game--Toby said he asked one of the officials to clarify that rule before tipoff)--that intent doesn't matter. I can recall T-Groves getting whistled more than once on plays very much like the one tonight.
I think that if there is contact to the head that qualifies as a foul, then it can be deemed flagrant regardless of intent. But if the contact is incidental, it isn’t a foul of any kind and by extension, not a flagrant.

All I know is that if a ref specifically says incidental like he did tonight, and if guys like Bilas and Fran repeatedly reference it as a factor, I will defer to them.

If any contact to the head is a flagrant regardless of intent or foul, then a shorter player could draw a flagrant simply by walking directly into a big’s elbow.

I personally think 90 percent of these shouldn’t be flagrant. It’s so soft to call flagrants on plays that are clearly basketball plays.

Idk if anyone listened to post game at the very end.

Kevin Henry goes to the locker room.
Interviews Waldo.

The guy is in tears. Says they don’t care about stats. Only 8 games guaranteed left. Better make the most of it.

Pure honest emotion.
It was a moving interview. He spoke of helping his teammates being his focus. I've been impressed by the new guys when they've been interviewed. JMac also seems like a terrific kid.

All I know is that if a ref specifically says incidental like he did tonight...
Here's his full statement following the review, word for word:

"There was not a call on the floor, therefore it's incidental contact."

It's an absurd explanation--totally bogus. If the lack of a call on the floor was the deciding factor, then why did they even review the play? He knew very well there was no call on the floor, but still the review occurred.

As I said earlier in this thread, Toby asked an official before tonight's game for clarification about the rule because of the inconsistency we've all seen in how it's enforced. Toby said the guy basically hemmed and hawed and then suggested Toby read the rule himself. Toby told him he had read it, but what he saw called in games didn't always jibe with the rule as written. And then he asked him specifically if intent was necessary for a flagrant call, and the official said no, it was not.

Great and much-needed W last night! My best guess as to why the crowd did not show up was a combination of two straight home losses against teams that really aren't any better than we are combined with the lifeless showing against UCF. Perhaps last night's win will slowly put fans back in the seats. The team could definitely use the support as we are no more than three wins away from locking up our first NCAA Tournament bid in the Moser era....gotta beat Oklahoma State this weekend...no doubt all of us are getting tired of constantly losing to the Pokes and Horns in recent years.

The rules reportedly state--and officials have repeatedly said (including before tonight's game--Toby said he asked one of the officials to clarify that rule before tipoff)--that intent doesn't matter. I can recall T-Groves getting whistled more than once on plays very much like the one tonight.
Brady Manek was called for that flagrant a lot as well.

It was a moving interview. He spoke of helping his teammates being his focus. I've been impressed by the new guys when they've been interviewed. JMac also seems like a terrific kid.

Anyone know to find this?

I would love to see this. I have not been able to locate the postgame.

Anyone know to find this?

I would love to see this. I have not been able to locate the postgame.

Itll be on Toby and Tj's morning show... they upload it all to the app on the ref.

it played about 740 this morning maybe a tad later... but it was before 8am

Back