Senior Night OU vs Cincinnati 7pm CST on ESPN+

The type of person who wants to see a revolving door on the coaches office if the coach doesn't immediately met your expectations.
We have had a ton of stability, far more than most programs. If we move on from one coach after 3 seasons, that’s not a revolving door, nor is it immediate.

The type of person who wants to see a revolving door on the coaches office if the coach doesn't immediately met your expectations.
I was never on board with the Moser hiring. Didn't like the fit, and honestly, don't think he's that great of a coach.

Three years in I feel the exact same way.

College athletics are changing. Can't hold onto coaches that aren't getting it done for too long. No reason to. And if not for the rumors of Moser not being happy and looking around (and let's be honest, there has been enough smoke on this that there is certainly a fire, no matter how small it may be), while I'd still want Moser gone, I'd probably argue that he had at least "earned" another year.

The type of person that wants us to have a better basketball program?

Damn straight.
Everyone wants their basketball team to be a better basketball team. However, some fans are so consistently negative that it makes me wonder if they are really fans of the team they criticize so much or do they just usually fail to ever show the supportive side of being a fan (trying to build up and encourage the players and coaches when they do something good).

I was never on board with the Moser hiring. Didn't like the fit, and honestly, don't think he's that great of a coach.

Three years in I feel the exact same way.

College athletics are changing. Can't hold onto coaches that aren't getting it done for too long. No reason to. And if not for the rumors of Moser not being happy and looking around (and let's be honest, there has been enough smoke on this that there is certainly a fire, no matter how small it may be), while I'd still want Moser gone, I'd probably argue that he had at least "earned" another year.
From someone who admits that they were prejudiced (pre-judged) against Moser from the gitgo I was surprised and enjoyed reading the last sentence in the post above. I also think Moser has earned another year to prove himself at OU.

Everyone wants their basketball team to be a better basketball team. However, some fans are so consistently negative that it makes me wonder if they are really fans of the team they criticize so much or do they just usually fail to ever show the supportive side of being a fan (trying to build up and encourage the players and coaches when they do something good).
Nothing I post on this message board is going to build up or encourage the players themselves.

If you, as a fan, need to hear that from me, no offense, but that is your problem, not mine. I don't like being negative about our program. I've been a fan for a LONG time. I just don't like what I've seen. Don't like the direction it's going. Don't think Moser is the guy to meet my expectations long-term. When you feel that way, and so far the data pretty much supports that, it's hard to be super positive.

We'll see what the future brings.

Buddy ran a sub-5 mile as one of his first acts as a Sooner. There was a scrimmage at the FH right before a football game when Buddy was a freshman and I texted my brother "this Hield kid is going to be a star" before I made my way to Owen Field. I watched him hit four or five threes in the first half of his first road game at UTA when nobody else on the team was doing squat. We cheered him into the locker room and he pointed right at us.

Whatever "IT" is, Buddy had it in large quantities. Bucketful of the stuff.
I was at the UTA game as well in Arlington....and my first thought was where in the hell did we find this guy (Hield)?

Nothing I post on this message board is going to build up or encourage the players themselves.

Some of them absolutely read this. Jamuni has tweeted at this specific board.

I have never heard your voice of course, but I read that in a heavy east coast voice, possibly someone with mob ties... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :)
Brother, that's is funny.....especially if you knew me or saw me. I'm educated, but I'm a straight-up 6ft3.5 redneck with boots and a hat (because I'm losing my hair :LOL:)

Back