#23 OU @ KSU 7pm CST on ESPN+

Missed most of the game, but saw the last 9-10 minutes, and was very happy we got such a convincing win up there. Restored some of the hope I lost from the last two games.......

OU jumps from 29th in KenPom to 21st after that win. 17th ranked defense and a respectable 54th ranked offense. A win at UCF this weekend puts us right back where we thought we’d be
I've been following KenPom for 10+ years, and this year has been very unusual with teams rising and falling quickly at times. He must've made some type of tweak. In the past, his ratings didn't seem to punish/reward you as much as they do this season....from game to game. I like that his metrics have us at #21, but OU's performances thus far really seem to depend upon the matchup. Even though we are a really good defensive team, we still struggle defensively against really good offensive teams....and have lost those games (against the #13, 21, 23, 24 teams in offensive efficiency in conference), but have won the other 4 games (against the #51, 69, 157, 172 in offensive efficiency in conference)......I think I see a pattern. :D

Missed most of the game, but saw the last 9-10 minutes, and was very happy we got such a convincing win up there. Restored some of the hope I lost from the last two games.......
It was a difficult game to watch. Still surprising it ended up as a 20pt Win.

Glad to see them pull it off, honestly I stopped watching the game was painful to watch...but its a win..move on get better

I never thought Tang was that kind of coach. I guess I haven’t really watched any ksu games except when they play OU. He seems to be coming apart this season

Glad to see them pull it off, honestly I stopped watching the game was painful to watch...but its a win..move on get better
There were multiple long stretches where there were fouls called on every possession. It was maddening.

Two things:
1. This board has become almost unreadable.
2. K-State may be the worst team we've played all season (and I'm including noncon).
Oh, and 3: Love the 20-point win.

2. K-State may be the worst team we've played all season (and I'm including noncon).
Not even close and this sentiment is really taking away from a 20 point away victory. No one before the game was giving us a chance.
It is a common sentiment on this board that really frustrates me...an opponent is only considered good if we lose to them. We downplay wins and overplay losses.

KSU is hit or miss but they have wins @ LSU, UCF, @ WVU, Baylor and a 1 point loss @ Tech.
They have the same conference record as

Yeah lol, KSU is not the worst team we’ve played all season.

It’s ok to be pessimistic about this team but have to give them credit when they go on road and win in this conference. Even against bottom half conference teams.

Yeah lol, KSU is not the worst team we’ve played all season.

It’s ok to be pessimistic about this team but have to give them credit when they go on road and win in this conference. Even against bottom half conference teams.
Was in no way a knock on the Sooners. Absolutely loved the win. Simply pointing out that the Cats are not a good team – as their last three games would suggest.

I think it is safe to say, KSU is somewhere between 10-12 in the Big12 of 14 teams.

1706722896141.png

I admit, I am not high on KSU and feel like they are/were over-rated. They also did not look good at all during gameplay. WVU was comparable though. If you are talking about Big12 games for OU this year, the other teams, aside from WVU, were much more competitive. KSU is not as good as ISU, TCU, KU, Cincy, Texas, and Tech...but look at those rankings.

1706723037249.png

KSU is going to look bad compared to our Big12 schedule so far.

But the rest of the schedule...if you think KSU is as bad as CMU, MVSU, Texas ST, UTRGV, APB, Green Bay, Central Ark, and Monmouth? Then whoever your dealer is...is truly providing you with some magical stuff.

Attachments

• 1706723187138.png
    1706723187138.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
Was in no way a knock on the Sooners. Absolutely loved the win. Simply pointing out that the Cats are not a good team – as their last three games would suggest.
KSU Last 5:

Beat #18 Baylor
Beat #129 OSU at home
#15 ISU beat them by 11 at ISU (really tough game)
#1 Houston beat them at Houston
#22 OU had a solid road win @ their house in a ref-fest (perhaps the only "bad" loss of their last 11 games)

Back