#23 OU @ KSU 7pm CST on ESPN+

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
If you need ESPN+ please click here and help out OklahomaHoops.com (Next 4 games in a row on ESPN+)

NORMAN – No. 23/24 Oklahoma travels to Manhattan, Kan. for a Tuesday, Jan. 30 clash against Kansas State. Tip is at 7:01 p.m. CT inside Bramlage Coliseum. The Big 12 conference contest will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing and be broadcast by ESPN+ with Mark Neely (PxP) and King McClure (analyst) on the call.

OU +3.5 o/u 138.5

Last edited:
In case you haven’t seen, Tang has gotten Ts in each of the past two games, and publicly called out one of the refs by name after their game Saturday. I’m guessing this game will be a bonanza for people who like to complain about calls during the game thread.

Add in the controversy KSU had with Iowa State last week, and I think we are going into a hornet’s nest tomorrow. This feels like the least winnable game we have played since KU, not due to the quality of opponent, but due to all the surrounding circumstances, plus our regression. We will need to be unbelievably tough to stay in this one.

In case you haven’t seen, Tang has gotten Ts in each of the past two games, and publicly called out one of the refs by name after their game Saturday. I’m guessing this game will be a bonanza for people who like to complain about calls during the game thread.

Add in the controversy KSU had with Iowa State last week, and I think we are going into a hornet’s nest tomorrow. This feels like the least winnable game we have played since KU, not due to the quality of opponent, but due to all the surrounding circumstances, plus our regression. We will need to be unbelievably tough to stay in this one.
I agree....and ya I'll get lambasted...but the crowd will be FULL AND PUMPED. As good as ku's. After their beating last sat ksu will be looking to kick butt.

I agree....and ya I'll get lambasted...but the crowd will be FULL AND PUMPED. As good as ku's. After their beating last sat ksu will be looking to kick butt.
I agree. Get the crowd out of it early and often. Don’t even let them get into it. Luckily this not a very talented Kansas State team. It’s doable.

I agree. Get the crowd out of it early and often. Don’t even let them get into it. Luckily this not a very talented Kansas State team. It’s doable.
We’ll see. Can’t remember the last time we won at Manhattan…it’s been awhile

We’ll see. Can’t remember the last time we won at Manhattan…it’s been awhile
One rare feather in Porter’s cap is that he did win there two seasons ago in the finale, but that was when Weber was a dead man walking and KSU was very bad. Lon only won there once, so it’s been a brutal place for us to play. Their top three players score more than ours, so they are more talented than some of our fans think.

I have little hope but that’s all I need to tune in. We need to take the advice and mentality of Chris Jones and be the villain.

I don’t have a great feeling about this one but stranger things have happened. I honestly feel better about Ku and Houston at home than this 1.

I think this week will be our last chance to realistically save our season. I understand that even if we go 0-2 we still have plenty of time left to compile the necessary wins. What I’m saying is that if we go 0-2 this week, I don’t think we will. I believe an 0-2 will ultimately snowball into another non-tourney season.

They MUST win one of these two games. We’ve lost 10 of 11 in Manhattan, not even our good teams got a win there. And so far this has been the major undoing for Moser— complete disaster in conf road games. This KSU team is solid, but far from great. If they want to breathe easy on Selection Sunday they are going to need to overcome this. Wish I had more confidence.

I think this week will be our last chance to realistically save our season. I understand that even if we go 0-2 we still have plenty of time left to compile the necessary wins. What I’m saying is that if we go 0-2 this week, I don’t think we will. I believe an 0-2 will ultimately snowball into another non-tourney season.

They MUST win one of these two games. We’ve lost 10 of 11 in Manhattan, not even our good teams got a win there. And so far this has been the major undoing for Moser— complete disaster in conf road games. This KSU team is solid, but far from great. If they want to breathe easy on Selection Sunday they are going to need to overcome this. Wish I had more confidence.
I would agree with this. 1-1 atleast gets them to 16 wins out of crisis mode.

If we lose both road games this week, and I think we will, I fully expect a death spiral. Last week showed me who we are and it’s not good.

If we lose both road games this week, and I think we will, I fully expect a death spiral. Last week showed me who we are and it’s not good.
"not good" is relative.
I would guarantee that even with a "death spiral" we are still a top 60 team in the country.

One rare feather in Porter’s cap is that he did win there two seasons ago in the finale, but that was when Weber was a dead man walking and KSU was very bad. Lon only won there once, so it’s been a brutal place for us to play. Their top three players score more than ours, so they are more talented than some of our fans think.
Ah… ya. Blocked a lot of those games out…🤣

I do think this team goes 1-1. I'd be surprised if the one win is tonight.

I mean, we can't even win at home, so can we win on the road??? We MUST in order to remain ranked/stay in discussion for the tourney, IMO. I really hope our guys get it together and pull this one out tonight!

Back