#23 OU @ KSU 7pm CST on ESPN+

We have to play better the first 10 minutes. Not sure changing the lineup would work, as all 8 players have not played well during these 10 minutes. But we need to try something. Be very disappointed if the same five start tonight.

I'm MLing the Sooners tonight. Both teams need a win. Both teams are very similar statistically. I'll ride with OU.

You may be onto something.

Something fishy with that line…

Well even though the game is being played at their Octagon of Doom, I will try and provide a little positivity. By all available metrics, Cincy is a better team than KSU and we won on the road at Cincy (Kenpom: Cincy - 31, KSU - 65). That's all I got.....gulp.

Well even though the game is being played at their Octagon of Doom, I will try and provide a little positivity. By all available metrics, Cincy is a better team than KSU and we won on the road at Cincy (Kenpom: Cincy - 31, KSU - 65). That's all I got.....gulp.
If Oklahoma State can go into Manhattan and hang with KSU then Oklahoma can surely beat them there.

We need Godwin and Hugely to play well. They’ve been horrible the past few games and the teams performance has shown. Getting either of those guys playing with a pulse and a few 3 balls from Uzan/Soares/Darthard (or maybe Cooper?) would go a long way. I personally think this is a winnable game if the defense shows up like we all know they’re capable of. Either way, I’ll ride with the boys in crimson. BOOMER!!

We have to play better the first 10 minutes. Not sure changing the lineup would work, as all 8 players have not played well during these 10 minutes. But we need to try something. Be very disappointed if the same five start tonight.
Porter just needs to not be so damn rigid. It seems like he brings in Dart and Soares at pretty much the same time every game, regardless of how well the starters are, or are not, playing, fouls, etc. Obviously Soares is coming off a very good game, so I expect him to be in fairly early. And even though I generally am not a fan of yanking a guy as soon as they make a mistake, the early struggles have been such a persistent problem that I’d seriously consider pulling someone if they commit another stupid live ball turnover.

And Sam … please no fouls 80+ feet from the basket. You need to use your fouls wisely, not trying to go through a Cat after they clearly already have a rebound.

We need Godwin and Hugely to play well. They’ve been horrible the past few games and the teams performance has shown. Getting either of those guys playing with a pulse and a few 3 balls from Uzan/Soares/Darthard (or maybe Cooper?) would go a long way. I personally think this is a winnable game if the defense shows up like we all know they’re capable of. Either way, I’ll ride with the boys in crimson. BOOMER!!
Sam was solid against Tech: 13 points in 25 minutes on 3-of-3 shooting and 7-of-8 from the FT line. 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover and just 3 fouls. I'd happily take that from him tonight.

And if we make 16-18 FTs, outrebound them, and have only 10 TOs we have a great chance. I am most anxious to see what happens in the last 4 minutes which is when we have often lost there and when we have also recently struggled.

Sam was solid against Tech: 13 points in 25 minutes on 3-of-3 shooting and 7-of-8 from the FT line. 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover and just 3 fouls. I'd happily take that from him tonight.
That’s totally fair. Didn’t get to see much of the TTU game to be honest. But when he is bad like he was against TCU, KU, and UT it puts a level of pressure on our guards to perform that I don’t know they are capable of getting to. At least not consistently.

Also, on a more positive note the past two games were some of JM’s worst as a Sooner. Some positive regression there could certainly be enough to push us over the hump on the road

Back