#23 OU @ UCF 3pm CST on ESPN+

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
If you need ESPN+ please click here and help out OklahomaHoops.com (Next 3 games in a row on ESPN+ and 5 more this season)

NORMAN – No. 23/24 Oklahoma men's basketball continues its road trip at UCF on Saturday, Feb. 3. Tip is at 3:01 p.m. CT inside Addition Financial Arena. The Big 12 conference contest will air on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing and be broadcast by ESPN+ with Drew Fellios (PxP) and B.J. Taylor (analyst) on the call.

We have some great individual performers but our offense is too 1-on-1. The other problem is when one of our guys is slashing to the hoop I don't see anyone moving to get open. they are usually just watching. That and our inconsistency from the 5 position are our biggest problems. Our defense is very good.

Ou -1.5 right now
Was not expecting to be favored on the road. Speaking of road favorites … Houston is currently -2.5! KU a home dog in a top 10 battle … I will be cheering for Houston like nobody’s business, but I’ll be taking KU on the money line as soon as that bet can be placed.

Was not expecting to be favored on the road. Speaking of road favorites … Houston is currently -2.5! KU a home dog in a top 10 battle … I will be cheering for Houston like nobody’s business, but I’ll be taking KU on the money line as soon as that bet can be placed.

That is wild that ku is a dog at home. I might tail you on that one!

So the numbers definitely explain why the over/under is set so low. They suggest it’s a game that will need to be won on the defensive end. I hope we learned from the early minutes of the Cincy game and don’t make the mistake of having Godwin (or our guards, for that matter) try to score over their two big guys. Our perimeter shooting has been bad recently. Would be nice to see that turn around.

As expected, the Houston/KU line has already been bet down to Houston -1. I hate that the apps didn’t allow me to place a money line bet when it first came out last night, I would have loved the extra value on KU.

Hard to pick against the home teams in these two games

UCF’s length may be a matchup problem for OU. But I’ll take OU by 5 or more.
Yeah, it's not hard at all for me to pick against the home team. But maybe that's because I'm a hopeless sunshine pumper.
;)

I believe OU is dead last in TO margin in conference. The turnover issue was better last game and it needs to continue to improve. UCF is pretty lousy all around on offense, but they are tough customers on defense. Keep the TOs to a minimum, defensive boards, and hit a few 3s....those are the keys to this game IMO.

I believe OU is dead last in TO margin in conference. The turnover issue was better last game and it needs to continue to improve. UCF is pretty lousy all around on offense, but they are tough customers on defense. Keep the TOs to a minimum, defensive boards, and hit a few 3s....those are the keys to this game IMO.
1706992928751.png

Back