OU @ #6 ISU 7pm CST on ESPN+

He isn't a genius OC. We are starting to see that. And the signs have been there all along.
He did improve JH and Baker into all world talents.

Yes because Jalen Hurts and Baker were clearly generational talents before Riley coached them. That’s what Hurts lost his job and was widely considered undraftable at QB till he came to OU and resurrected his career. And Baker was obviously the no-doubt top QB in the country coming into Norman. That’s why he basically didn’t have any offers coming out of high school.

I get it. Some people are incapable of being remotely objective. In your world view, whoever the current OU coach is, is infallible. The former coach is automatically terrible. It is so, so funny. OU fans loved Riley. Sure, there were the usual grumbles after losses, but people largely viewed him as a boy wonder for 90 percent of his time in Norman. Because he handled his exit so poorly, people now engage in revisionist history and pretend like they hated his coaching. The fact remains, Brent the big talker has lost as many games in two years as Riley did in five. It’ll be interesting to see how many bad years it takes for people to stop giving him a free pass. He and the fans can only blame it on Riley’s roster for so long.

I never said Baker and Hurts were generational talents. Although they're pretty darn good and clearly not system QBs given their success prior to and after their time with Lincoln Riley. Baker was Big 12 freshman of the year and Jalen had started two national championships prior to ever meeting Riley, so they clearly weren't chumps. They've continued to succeed in the NFL without him.

If you reread my post, it's clear that Caleb is the one I referenced as a generational talent.

My point was that Bob handed off more than just two Heisman trophy/#1 pick QBs to him. Outside of the QB position, OU was worse at every single position by the end of his tenure, and it required a generational QB to prop up that horrid roster he handed off. OU's results in BV's first season didn't look that different than what the prior year would have looked at without Caleb. I know this for a fact, because I watched us struggle with Rattler, who is an NFL QB.

Yes, Riley had a lot of success, but it was less every year to the point that we had a very mediocre team sans Caleb. He was a great OC, but he was Larry Coker reincarnate as HC.

Remind me how well he did this year with Caleb Williams?

Back