OU vs TCU Big 12 Tournament 2pm CST on ESPN+

They'll be a team or two outside the bubble that wins a few games in their respective tournaments.....and may sneak in. I'm a little less confident in our resume than most. We are 4-12 in Q-1 games and in most of those Q-1 games, we weren't really that competitive. And as of now, we've only beaten 2 teams that will be in the tournament. The good news is that we don't have anything even close to a bad loss.

I think we end up as an 11, but NOT in the play-in game. I suspect we all may be a little surprised in how close we end up to the actual cut line....I hope I'm wrong.
Agree with much of this. Hopefully we are in with a 10 or 11 and more importantly Soares is healthy.

Against our backups
We started four guys who all started every game for the first 25 or so games of the season. Obviously we weren’t full strength, but when you look at this game, every single turnover we committed was by guys who started or were in the rotation all season. It’s not like we lost today because Maks had to play.

They'll be a team or two outside the bubble that wins a few games in their respective tournaments.....and may sneak in. I'm a little less confident in our resume than most. We are 4-12 in Q-1 games and in most of those Q-1 games, we weren't really that competitive. And as of now, we've only beaten 2 teams that will be in the tournament. The good news is that we don't have anything even close to a bad loss.

I think we end up as an 11, but NOT in the play-in game. I suspect we all may be a little surprised in how close we end up to the actual cut line....I hope I'm wrong.
Anyone know how they determine what # of seeds are the play-in games? They used to do only 16 seeds. Now i think it can be a #11 or #13 or whatever matchup. Anyone know?

Also, i hate the play-in games. Quit expanding every tournament!! 64 >> 68. Some article this year talked about like a 96 team tourney, what a joke

well if we get a play-in game, hopefully it’s on wednesday.

Anyone know how they determine what # of seeds are the play-in games? They used to do only 16 seeds. Now i think it can be a #11 or #13 or whatever matchup. Anyone know?

Also, i hate the play-in games. Quit expanding every tournament!! 64 >> 68. Some article this year talked about like a 96 team tourney, what a joke
It’s always two games involving AQ 16s and two games involving teams fighting for the last at large berths, so usually 11 or 12s.

Over/under

Jalon Moore 20 points - under (16)
Le'Tre Darthard 15 points - under (12)
Otega Oweh 15 points - over (16)
Milos Uzan 15 points - push (15)
Sam Godwin 15 points - under (5)
Luke Northweather 10 points - under (0)
Maks Klanjscek 10 points - under (3)
Kaden Cooper 5 points - under (3)
Jake Moser 1 point (lol, it's his bday so I'm including him) - DNP

Given more time, I would have listed better point totals. Not important anyway.

Over/under

Jalon Moore 20 points - under (16)
Le'Tre Darthard 15 points - under (12)
Otega Oweh 15 points - over (16)
Milos Uzan 15 points - push (15)
Sam Godwin 15 points - under (5)
Luke Northweather 10 points - under (0)
Maks Klanjscek 10 points - under (3)
Kaden Cooper 5 points - under (3)
Jake Moser 1 point (lol, it's his bday so I'm including him) - DNP
Who is this Cooper you speak of? Was he the guy wearing number 4 who played very steady, smart basketball, grabbed four rebounds and cashed a three, and didn’t turn it over? Even if he hadn’t made that shot, the way he played today makes it even more asinine that he was in hiding for three months. But I’m sure some will say he wasn’t ready until this exact moment.

I did appreciate this post, would be a fun thing to do next week in the NCAA/NIT.

lol, I forgot that I placed a small wager on TCU -3.5 until I came back to this thread.

With those three guys out, that felt pretty safe.

It is the 4 lowest at large and the 4 lowest overall

Didn’t get to see the game today but gave us little chance without Waldo. Missing both Hugley and him is too much to overcome. We aren’t a great team anyway and when we’re missing essentially 2/7 of the team it is really an uphill battle. And it’s really more than 2/7 because Waldo is the one guy we have who is capable of outfighting the opposition from anywhere on the floor. With Moser’s offense (and often lack thereof) Waldo is critical.

Didn’t get to see the game today but gave us little chance without Waldo. Missing both Hugley and him is too much to overcome. We aren’t a great team anyway and when we’re missing essentially 2/7 of the team it is really an uphill battle. And it’s really more than 2/7 because Waldo is the one guy we have who is capable of outfighting the opposition from anywhere on the floor. With Moser’s offense (and often lack thereof) Waldo is critical.
That was my attitude entering the game too, but we didn't lose so much because of who didn't play. We had way too many turnovers (many of them entirely unforced) and shot poorly from the free throw line. Change those two factors and we had a shot.

We were without McCollum, as well. Chances were slim to none we could beat a tournament team without 3 of our best players.

Who is this Cooper you speak of? Was he the guy wearing number 4 who played very steady, smart basketball, grabbed four rebounds and cashed a three, and didn’t turn it over? Even if he hadn’t made that shot, the way he played today makes it even more asinine that he was in hiding for three months. But I’m sure some will say he wasn’t ready until this exact moment.

I did appreciate this post, would be a fun thing to do next week in the NCAA/NIT.

I think most are on board with you in regards to lack of playing time for Cooper.

That was my attitude entering the game too, but we didn't lose so much because of who didn't play. We had way too many turnovers (many of them entirely unforced) and shot poorly from the free throw line. Change those two factors and we had a shot.
Might be right but since we lost I doubt I will watch the replay. But basketball is a funny game. Sometimes missing a key guy can cause problems that might not occur otherwise. Missing multiple guys is far worse. Could be unseen mistakes, lack of trust, guys uncomfortable in doing things they might not otherwise have to do. It can add up and it doesn’t take many mistakes to lead to loss. We don’t have a superstar that can always carry the load. For us it takes the village. And the closest guy we have to being a game takeover kind of guy was not on the floor today.

Back