#11 OU vs #20 Texas Tech 1pm CST on ESPN+

how do you not take the final shot before half when the shot clock is off? inexcusable to let them get 2 points. moser’s fault. but letting them knock down a 3 with an out of bounds pass with under 3 seconds on the shot clock? missed free throws? that’s on the players. 9 missed free throws at home. can’t happen. lots of blame to pass around. not making excuses for moser. but mccasland is that guy.
No that's 100% on uzan

Yeah the sequence right before the half was awful.
I thought (and so did the radio guys) that foul call was bogus. The guy traveled and then fell into ... was it Oweh? and the contact was minimal. But I agree it should never have come to that. I've not given up on Uzan, by any means, but he's not, at this point, the player I want to have the ball in spots like that (and his late shot in the second).

I thought (and so did the radio guys) that foul call was bogus. The guy traveled and then fell into ... was it Oweh? and the contact was minimal. But I agree it should never have come to that. I've not given up on Uzan, by any means, but he's not, at this point, the player I want to have the ball in spots like that (and his late shot in the second).
It was not a foul. But we can’t complain about fouls at all.

Hell....I don't see this group getting to 7-11. The way this team is playing, find me 4 wins remaining on this schedule.....OSU and Cincy at home? Maybe at OSU? If we can't beat Tech or Texas at home, how in the hell do we plan on beating KU, BYU or gawd forbid Houston at home? Pretty much everyone knows the definition of insanity, but a few on here will simply refuse to acknowledge it.
That’s why I said lucky

I’m sorry. These are D1 athletes getting paid to play basketball. Moser should not have to tell them to wait for the last shot lol.
A big part of coaching is reminding players of seemingly obvious things. It’s why coaches remind guys to block out on free throws or not to foul up four with a few seconds left. Players make mistakes. Coaches need to be on point. Especially when we made the same mistake in Lawrence two weeks ago. That time, JV made a risky full court pass with the shot clock turned off. Today, Los with the dumb shot that cost us two points in a game that went down to the wire. Moser clearly isn’t doing a good enough job teaching that specific situation.

Fire Moser. We need to bring in an OU guy. This is pathetic. We make so many dumb plays that at some point you have to look at the coach.

A big part of coaching is reminding players of seemingly obvious things. It’s why coaches remind guys to block out on free throws or not to foul up four with a few seconds left. Players make mistakes. Coaches need to be on point. Especially when we made the same mistake in Lawrence two weeks ago. That time, JV made a risky full court pass with the shot clock turned off. Today, Los with the dumb shot that cost us two points in a game that went down to the wire. Moser clearly isn’t doing a good enough job teaching that specific situation.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. There are certain things a coach can control at the college level and clock awareness is not one of them. I mean, I guess a coach can remind players all day but the players have to go out to execute. Maybe Moser did remind them? I mean it was hard to hear what he was saying even at the game but he was definitely yelling something.

Fire Moser. We need to bring in an OU guy. This is pathetic. We make so many dumb plays that at some point you have to look at the coach.
I would definitely agree that the excuses for Moser are about done. He's got about a month left to produce or get out. If the Tech coach can do it in year one then it can be done. Tech isn't some big powerhouse. They may be a slight step above OU but not much, imo.

I also think we should move on but who is this OU guy? We need to hire a great bball coach that’s a tireless recruiter and good coach who understands the job and our recruiting region.

I also think we should move on but who is this OU guy? We need to hire a great bball coach that’s a tireless recruiter and good coach who understands the job and our recruiting region.
Quannas White? Hollis Price? Just throwing out some names. I don’t know.

I personally don’t care if it’s an OU guy. Those moves rarely work out. Georgetown, Michigan, and St. John’s are prominent examples. I just want to feel like we can go into a game feeling like we have a coaching advantage.

I would definitely agree that the excuses for Moser are about done. He's got about a month left to produce or get out. If the Tech coach can do it in year one then it can be done. Tech isn't some big powerhouse. They may be a slight step above OU but not much, imo.
Oooof. That last sentence hurt..

Back