#9 OU @ #3 KU 1pm CST on ESPN+

Hey buddy. You spent months referencing me when I wasn’t posting. Now you complain when I post twice. You must lie awake praying my name will pop up so you can pounce.

During our awesome winning streak against NET 300 teams and a few major conference teams having down years, I was watching every second. Happy with the wins and improved talent level, while fully expecting us to struggle when we started playing good teams on a regular basis. Drove through the snow and negative temperatures to vocally and passionately support the team today even though I knew there was no chance we’d win. But I’m clearly not a fan according to folks like you and Coach and a few others.

People like you are truly insufferable. You simply can’t tolerate anyone with a different viewpoint. You and a few others seem to want a board that amounts to a big circle jerk where we all discuss how great our team is, complain about every single call that doesn’t go OU’s way, and excuse every loss because “winning on the road is very hard.” Can’t wait to see the reactions when we lose to some of the “bad” conference teams you guys were all expecting us to sweep a couple weeks ago. Out of curiosity, is Tech still one of the bad teams? Are their wheels still falling off now that they are in first place and have a better overall record than our highly ranked team? But I’m sure we will rally and start picking off road wins left and right. It’s not like we have 82 games of data under Moser to tell us otherwise.
I think I mentioned you like 3 times since you stopped posting.

You really are predictable

The team suffered a pair of losses to very good teams, and the quality of the discourse has dipped precipitously. It's too bad, because I sure hadn't missed the one-on-one carping and insults. There's an ignore function on the board for anyone who finds another poster's input without merit--or worse. There's also private messaging. (My apologies to Boulder, as I'm not an admin and perhaps I'm speaking out of turn.)

You can’t even get your facts right. I stopped posting months before the season started because the board no longer contains much constructive basketball discussion or useful info other than the recruiting thread from Stoops. Otherwise, it is Coach mocking people with his LOL replies, people getting offended by any negative comments, and others making the typical ridiculous predictions about our depth and how many NBA players we have on our team.

Again, folks like you bitch if you think I’m posting too much, then turn around and complain if I don’t post for four months because you mistakenly think that coincided with our “winning streak.” Unless our winning streak started in August, I’m pretty sure that isn’t the case.

For those talking about how we “just need to hold serve at home and win a few on the road,” when was the last time either of those things happened? Even our very best teams have lost at least a time or two at home. Meanwhile, we have already lost two road games, and only have seven more. Does anyone actually see us winning four of those? Three? If we get more than two, I’ll be happily surprised. The teams that started the season slowly have improved, and we will need to play a hell of a lot better to win in cincy than we have played so far on the road.

But please, instead of actually replying to my posts, just keep taking personal shots at me that the mods allow because they, too, don’t like my opinions.

It's not about liking or disliking your posts, Wichita. It's tough for anyone to have credibility when they only post after losses - it's just the way it is. Don't take it personally.

The team suffered a pair of losses to very good teams, and the quality of the discourse has dipped precipitously. It's too bad, because I sure hadn't missed the one-on-one carping and insults. There's an ignore function on the board for anyone who finds another poster's input without merit--or worse. There's also private messaging. (My apologies to Boulder, as I'm not an admin and perhaps I'm speaking out of turn.)
Agreed, but there is one particular poster who decided to show up in this thread and call people names. I'm thankful that there is an IQ maximum when conversing with him....and most of us on here are well above that threshold.

It's not about liking or disliking your posts, Wichita. It's tough for anyone to have credibility when they only post after losses - it's just the way it is. Don't take it personally.
I had one poster say a month or two ago that I have a personality disorder when I hadn’t posted for well over two months. I had another poster during the same period directly call me out in a post. Other than that, your theory is great.

And again, last year I got blasted by several posters for posting too much. I posted in every game thread, win or lose. I decided in August to cut back, long before the season started, and now I’m getting blasted for only posting after losses. I didn’t post after UNC smoked us. I waited till midway through the season, posted once with my thoughts on the season to date (including several very positive comments about the team) and then posted once after I got home from the Kansas game. Those two posts were enough for Bounce TO START A THREAD ABOUT ME. But sure, it’s nothing personal.

I had one poster say a month or two ago that I have a personality disorder when I hadn’t posted for well over two months. I had another poster during the same period directly call me out in a post. Other than that, your theory is great.

And again, last year I got blasted by several posters for posting too much. I posted in every game thread, win or lose. I decided in August to cut back, long before the season started, and now I’m getting blasted for only posting after losses. I didn’t post after UNC smoked us. I waited till midway through the season, posted once with my thoughts on the season to date (including several very positive comments about the team) and then posted once after I got home from the Kansas game. Those two posts were enough for Bounce TO START A THREAD ABOUT ME. But sure, it’s nothing personal.
Based on this and your previous post, I think your recollection is somewhat fuzzy. It wasn't that people were complaining that you posted too much. Rather, the complaints were about your continued negativity and contrarian views. At a time when most posters were hopeful and starved for positive information after a dreadful season, you were almost guaranteed to show up and put a damper on things. Here are a few examples: OU commit Jalon Moore, Summer notes, Dildy to Duke

Discussion with different viewpoints is great, but it got to the point where yours were almost always negative (which was different from a couple years prior). Hopefully, you can understand why that continued approach from you at this point, after what seems to be an upgraded team and season so far, will be met with some backlash. I also think it's bad timing that you decided to start posting now, in the midst of OU's recent losses. As you referenced, perhaps you'll sprinkle in some positive thoughts from time to time as well to help balance things out.

Back