#9 OU @ #3 KU 1pm CST on ESPN+

Cooper can't redshirt he's played.

I don't know whether to say how stupid I feel because i've fallen for it yet again... Getting over excited after a very good to great non con only to see the team crater yet again in conference. Or, the fact that it's premature to feel that way and the last two are two of the tougher ones in conference. But yeah it's looking like same song, like 7th verse now. Still along way to go, there's time to see how they rebound. Problem is last year we had KU and alot of good teams on the ropes throughout the games only to falter at the end. Today and the other night we were never really in it at all in the second half.... Oh well, at least we're more athletic!

I don't know whether to say how stupid I feel because i've fallen for it yet again... Getting over excited after a very good to great non con only to see the team crater yet again in conference. Or, the fact that it's premature to feel that way and the last two are two of the tougher ones in conference. But yeah it's looking like same song, like 7th verse now. Still along way to go, there's time to see how they rebound. Problem is last year we had KU and alot of good teams on the ropes throughout the games only to falter at the end. Today and the other night we were never really in it at all in the second half.... Oh well, at least we're more athletic!
He can still red shirt. You can play in about 6-8 games and still redshirt.

i don’t want to act like everything is fine. there are valid concerns about this team. and the 50/50 balls and second chance opportunities were killing me today. but we did just lose at kansas. i have been as high on this team as anyone and predicted us going 9-9, so i’m not getting too down. but guys gotta step up. play within yourself, meaning soares don’t try beating your man off the dribble. javian has to be more aggressive. i definitely saw us struggling early as we played actual road games and better competition. need to go 3-1 in the next 4 at least. we’ll figure it out though.

Y’all overreact too much. They’re fine. Lot of season left
For some reason, it's human nature.

Before the season, a 13-3 prediction would have been scoffed at -- "NO WAY! You are a sunshine pumper!"

Now that OU is there, the goalposts of expectations have moved to a mindset that they should play like a team they are not. It should be obvious, talent-wise, that this is not a top-10 team. However, if they don't play like one, then the coaching is bad. lol.

He can still red shirt. You can play in about 6-8 games and still redshirt.
Since when? In football you can play in 4 games and still redshirt. College basketball fans have been WISHING there was a rule like that in basketball. But i've not heard of anything like that. You play one second and no redshirt. I think that's still the case.

Did you expect to win in Lawerence. Something our last 2 final 4 teams didn’t do?

We need to win the next 4 games. No excuses. Need a road win at Cincinnati.

Before the season, a 13-3 prediction would have been scoffed at -- "NO WAY! You are a sunshine pumper!"

Now that OU is there, the goalposts of expectations have moved to a mindset that they should play like a team they are not. It should be obvious, talent-wise, that this is not a top-10 team. However, if they don't play like one, then the coaching is bad. lol.
I’d say this: as recently as two weeks ago, many of the eternal optimists and most frequent posters were saying this is the most talent we have had in years AND were saying we need to win all our games against OSU, West Virginia, KSU, Tech, and maybe Cincy. Well, based on everything we saw this week and the past two years, I think it’s likely we will lose every road game we play against that group. And the reason our record is so good is simple: Arkansas, Iowa, and USC not only aren’t good, they are downright bad. That and 8 absolute cupcake buy games will get you plenty of wins.

Fair enough....but is it also not fair to adjust our expectations based upon some results/data? I do believe this is an NCAA tournament team, but for the third straight season, it's becoming more obvious that our non-con was somewhat fools gold. Again, this team is much better than the last two years, yet we now see the warts more clearly. And that's ok, but I would like to see this team minimize their warts as often possible. So far on the road this year, that haven't given themselves much of a chance in the second halves....which is disappointing. I was hoping for a little more.....that's all.

I’d say this: as recently as two weeks ago, many of the eternal optimists and most frequent posters were saying this is the most talent we have had in years AND were saying we need to win all our games against OSU, West Virginia, KSU, Tech, and maybe Cincy. Well, based on everything we saw this week and the past two years, I think it’s likely we will lose every road game we play against that group. And the reason our record is so good is simple: Arkansas, Iowa, and USC not only aren’t good, they are downright bad. That and 8 absolute cupcake buy games will get you plenty of wins.

Why the omission of Iowa state and Providence? Isu is quad 1 win and the providence team ou beat was quad 1 imo (before their star player got hurt for the year).

I don’t think any team in the country would have a winning record @ku, @tcu, and basically @unc. Would have been nice to play more competitively, but everyone had those penciled in as losses heading into the year.

Of the notable teams we've beaten, Iowa State is 15th in Kenpom, Iowa is 46, Providence is 57 (after losing their best player), USC is 70, Arkansas is 90. None are ranked as highly as we expected (or hoped), but they hardly qualify as bad teams. All five are currently, according to Kenpom, in the top 25% of D1 teams.

Of the teams we've lost to, UNC is 6, KU 16 and TCU is 23, and all of those losses came on the road (UNC was not an official road game, of course, but let's be real). Each is in the top 6% of D1 teams.

I'm not trying to be pollyanna here. I am not happy about any of our three losses, but downplaying our successes and overrating our losses serves no one.

There is not a team in the Big 12 we can count on beating. Just ask texas, who lost at 6-10 WVU today. Several of our players are experiencing their first few Big 12 games. They know now what challenges they'll be facing game in and game out. Hopefully they'll batten down the hatches and turn things around.

Why the omission of Iowa state and Providence? Isu is quad 1 win and the providence team ou beat was quad 1 imo (before their star player got hurt for the year).

I don’t think any team in the country would have a winning record @ku, @tcu, and basically @unc. Would have been nice to play more competitively, but everyone had those penciled in as losses heading into the year.
Because if your two best wins halfway through the season are home games against teams that may or may not end up being quad one wins when all is said and done, that isn’t all that impressive for a top 10 team. Look at the wins most of the teams around us in the polls have. And again, my concern isn’t that we lost those games. It’s how we have lost them, which is pretty much the same way we lost games the past two seasons with much less talent.

At the game today, my biggest confusion was the substitution patterns. After the first few minutes, our three starting guards, who are clearly our three best players, were rarely all in the game at the same time. Meanwhile, Harris, Adams, and McCullar played the entire game other than McCullar coming out for less than a minute when he got banged up. JM was on the bench during the segment when KU started pulling away. Soares and Darthard have been better additions than I expected, but they have both been bad this week. Why not adjust and just let your best players try to win you a game today? It probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but adjust! I’m not saying sit a guy the second he makes a mistake or misses a shot, but we played multiple segments today where we only had a couple scorers on the floor. Why play with one hand tied behind your back? Why let a 4-pt lead turn into a 16-pt game without using your third timeout? Why give Cooper the same treatment Oweh got last year even though he clearly had tons of potential? It just feels like the coach, and by extension the team, isn’t capable of learning and fixing their issues. KU turned the ball over like crazy the past two games. I had zero doubt Self would make damn sure that didn’t happen again today. Result: 2 turnovers all day. Why can’t Moser make similar fixes? Yes, the two teams that beat us this week are very good. But playing this way will also get us beat on the road against the teams at the bottom of the league, and that’s absolutely fair reason for concern.

I don’t know what John hugely did to the big12 refs but they hate him. They’ve called him for so many bogus fouls, I think they have a vendetta against him.

A player may apply for a medical redshirt if he misses most of a season due to injury, but barring that, unlike football, if he plays in even a single game, he loses that season's eligibility. Not sure why some are pushing back on this--it's a long-established rule.

I don’t know what John hugely did to the big12 refs but they hate him. They’ve called him for so many bogus fouls, I think they have a vendetta against him.
Kind of like how Rob Gronkowski would get called for flags just for being big

Cooper has to be gone after this season? Moser has really screwed this one up. Why would be stay?
Lol what? He’s a freshman. He looked like a freshman when he has played. You think he would be playing at KU?

You guys really are delusional

And he gets his panties in a wad and leaves….see ya

Back