#11 OU vs ISU 5pm CST on ESPN+

Starting to feel better about our ability to close out games....specifically against good teams. ISU is the second best team we've played this year, so as you said, it was nice to grind one out that will eventually matter.
by BPI and NET (4 and 7) they are by far the best team we have played this year

Good to get the W over a tough team that kept fighting. got a couple big baskets when we needed it...did have a missed FT and a turnover in the last 1:30....but, hey, gotta win the last 5 minutes at home in conference in a tight game against good opponents and we did that.

Nice win. ISU plays hard. Crowd was very good and hoping it gets even better. Sooners made great plays and FTs down the stretch.

He held there best player to 2 points.

Bonehead travel for sure though.
I saw the ref tell him beforehand that he couldn’t move. You could see him point down. Unfortunately, I don’t think he was paying attention. It was funny on the next inbounds, you can see Otega asking him if he can move.

It’s all good. Learning experience.

Great team win. Los and Javian are cheat codes. Love their patience when it comes to diagnosing a defense and either scoring or finding a teammate. With those two and the defense, tough to count us out from any game.

Happy for the team and the fans! We badly need these home wins. As I was watching the Kansas-TCU game earlier, I was at first demoralized because OU does not have the shooters these two teams have. But I'm not sure either of those teams can play defense at as high a level as OU. Iowa State eventually dug out of their shooting slump (that OU had a lot to do with), but they apparently ran out of gas after fighting back to take that brief lead late in the game.

We really need to play better on the road this year. Mosers teams haven’t done well on the road in the Big12. If we could steal a few road wins, that would be huge.

Starting to feel better about our ability to close out games....specifically against good teams. ISU is the second best team we've played this year, so as you said, it was nice to grind one out that will eventually matter.
The execution in our sets down the stretch of games has been top notch so far. Having a weapon like McCollum that can see the floor and create his own shot is invaluable. This team is just a very well coached group and it's clear as day with how this team plays when things get tight.

We really need to play better on the road this year. Mosers teams haven’t done well on the road in the Big12. If we could steal a few road wins, that would be huge.

Not sure we can equate how Moser's teams have played on the road in his first two years with the potential for this team as a Big 12 road team. The coaching is the same but the talent level today is off the charts better.

Not sure we can equate how Moser's teams have played on the road in his first two years with the potential for this team as a Big 12 road team. The coaching is the same but the talent level today is off the charts better.
Big 12 still just has a lot of tough teams. There may not be as good a teams towards the bottom because of the additions watering things down some but we will end up with something like 12-13 quad 1 games in conference play alone.

I saw the ref tell him beforehand that he couldn’t move. You could see him point down. Unfortunately, I don’t think he was paying attention. It was funny on the next inbounds, you can see Otega asking him if he can move.

It’s all good. Learning experience.
On the second inbounds, Otega wasn't asking if he could move. He was wanting to throw it in further away from the corner than where the ref was wanting to give him the ball. After a couple of exchanges, you can read the ref's lips when he said, "this is where it went out of bounds."

Terrific win. Some frustrations--too many offensive rebounds and easy putbacks for ISU, we had trouble in the paint for much of the game and three moving screens (and more that could have been called) is too many. Oweh got thrown, I think, by the early foul trouble and the increased defensive attention he received, but he hung in there and ended up contributing.

I was very pleased to see contributions from so many guys. Soares was a rebound machine, Darthard (did the tv guys talk about the new pronunciation of his name?) was a major contributor, Godwin was terrific throughout, holding his own against ISU's two very big and experienced paint players.

The officiating was all over the map. That play with 39 seconds left where the ball was getting batted around and their defender just plowed through our guy (was it Oweh? Not sure) was ridiculous. If ever there was a flagrant foul, that was it--he wasn't even pretending to make a play on the ball, but they didn't even call a foul, I don't think.

It would just be nice to see consistency. Call it tight, call it loose, whatever, but be consistent.

King repeatedly "backed his guy down" by lowering his shoulder and ramming into him. He did it two or three times each on more than one move to the basket and not once did he get called for it. I've never understood why that isn't a foul.

Terrific win. Some frustrations--too many offensive rebounds and easy putbacks for ISU, we had trouble in the paint for much of the game and three moving screens (and more that could have been called) is too many. Oweh got thrown, I think, by the early foul trouble and the increased defensive attention he received, but he hung in there and ended up contributing.

I was very pleased to see contributions from so many guys. Soares was a rebound machine, Darthard (did the tv guys talk about the new pronunciation of his name?) was a major contributor, Godwin was terrific throughout, holding his own against ISU's two very big and experienced paint players.

The officiating was all over the map. That play with 39 seconds left where the ball was getting batted around and their defender just plowed through our guy (was it Oweh? Not sure) was ridiculous. If ever there was a flagrant foul, that was it--he wasn't even pretending to make a play on the ball, but they didn't even call a foul, I don't think.

It would just be nice to see consistency. Call it tight, call it loose, whatever, but be consistent.

King repeatedly "backed his guy down" by lowering his shoulder and ramming into him. He did it two or three times each on more than one move to the basket and not once did he get called for it. I've never understood why that isn't a foul.

The funny thing is if Soares would have embellished the repeated shoulder to his chest in past years, he would have gotten the charge call. Now with the anti-flopping rule (which I am in favor of), sometimes the refs are missing some offensive fouls to your point.

Good home win, again only able to see about half the game.
Maybe shot too many 3's IMO, was OU a good shooting 3 point team coming in the game?

Back