>>>>>Oklahoma [2-0] vs. Northern Iowa [2-0] Game Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [2-0] vs. Northern Iowa [2-0] Game Thread<<<<<

For as bad as our guys played for the last 15 minutes, the absolute worst performance in this game was Kruger continuing to allow Lattin to guard Carlson. Just absolutely inexplicable. This is a very young team. You can't put them in a position to fail over and over. There's nothing Khadeem can do on that guy. He shouldn't be defending him every single possession.

The deja vu had deja vu.

I don't know what to say regarding Lattin. But it isn't all his fault. They were plenty of players that were culpable tonight....including Lon. Unlike some on this board, I simply don't see the value in pissing down your leg for the last 11 minutes of the game and then branding it a "learning experience". 24 TOs is absolutely inexcusable against a team the caliber of UNI....I don't care how young you are. This isn't Press Virginia we are playing.

Well, freshmen will be freshman but we have to have better from Lattin and Woodard. And Strong with that late foul too.

Better team won. I bet OU is better in 3 months.

Even though the team is young you need the experienced players to show experience and unfortunately it did not occur. Woodard made 3 of 16 shots.

Last edited:

I don't know what to say regarding Lattin. But it isn't all his fault. They were plenty of players that were culpable tonight....including Lon. Unlike some on this board, I simply don't see the value in pissing down your leg for the last 11 minutes of the game and then branding it a "learning experience". 24 TOs is absolutely inexcusable against a team the caliber of UNI....I don't care how young you are. This isn't Press Virginia we are playing.

Lattin didn't play well offensively, but what is he supposed to do on defense? He was basically asked to defend a guard on the perimeter for 15 minutes. You can't let that happen.

We'll all forget about this game by mid December

Better team won. I bet OU is better in 3 months.

I bet this one costs OU IN March. When you're a young, borderline team, you need to win these games....especially when you're UP BY 18 POINTS

I see lots of people upset at Lon. While I understand that sentiment, it really is not out of character. He let Buddy and co. play through a lot of bad stretches too. He will teach this team and hopefully we can not have a repeat.

Well, freshmen will be freshman but we have to have better from Lattin and Woodard. And Strong with that late foul too.

Yeah, Lattin/Woodard can't be your stars come conference time. Need James or Doolittle to step it up by then.

I bet this one costs OU IN March. When you're a young, borderline team, you need to win these games....especially when you're UP BY 18 POINTS

There goes the national title!

Woodard is what he is...not good with the ball at all....never was

I honestly thought we would go 2-1 in this tournament. We will learn from this experience.

Lattin didn't play well offensively, but what is he supposed to do on defense? He was basically asked to defend a guard on the perimeter for 15 minutes. You can't let that happen.

That was my point in saying it certainly wasn't all his fault....he shouldn't have been charged with guarding that guy for a good part of the game. This meltdown is on everyone starting with the guy at the top.

Wouldn't shock me to seen this type of melt down Saturday Night in Morgantown

Back