>>>>>Oklahoma [2-0] vs. Northern Iowa [2-0] Game Thread<<<<<

Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [2-0] vs. Northern Iowa [2-0] Game Thread<<<<<

I don't know what to say regarding Lattin. But it isn't all his fault. They were plenty of players that were culpable tonight....including Lon. Unlike some on this board, I simply don't see the value in pissing down your leg for the last 11 minutes of the game and then branding it a "learning experience". 24 TOs is absolutely inexcusable against a team the caliber of UNI....I don't care how young you are. This isn't Press Virginia we are playing.

This^

hopefully our team and our internet "fans" will both learn from this.

I see lots of people upset at Lon. While I understand that sentiment, it really is not out of character. He let Buddy and co. play through a lot of bad stretches too. He will teach this team and hopefully we can not have a repeat.

I pointed out early in the thread when we were ahead that Lon has a propensity to coach like this with a young team in the non-conference, and that half the board would freak out when we lost a game or two because of it.

Just didn't expect it to be this one...

As I've said probably 10 times now, the thing that annoyed me about Lon's coaching was letting Lattin defend Carlisle every possession. When it was glaringly obvious what UNI was doing every time down.

Wouldn't shock me to seen this type of melt down Saturday Night in Morgantown

what is the purpose of this other than to taunt and badger someone?

if this is really the type of tone you intend to project then why don't you bother someone else?

Freeman took no shots in the second half. Nada. Starters contributed 18/24 turnovers.

Last edited:

hopefully our team and our internet "fans" will both learn from this.

I agree with this. The team has a lot to learn and the fans just got a reminder that this isn't the stable veteran laden final four team we had last year. It's going to be fun but we're going to baffled by the team a lot too.

if this is really the type of tone you intend to project then why don't you bother someone else?
My goodness..you taking the loss really hard

Freeman took no shots in the second half. Nada. Starters contributed 18/24 turnovers.

I was trying to figure out why we didnt see more of Freeman. But Kruger does substitutions weird early in the season because he looks at combos for situations at some points and for time for others.

It will interesting to see how they bounce back on Sunday.

My goodness..you taking the loss really hard

no. I actually have spoken positive about it. I just dislike trollish people with evil intent. we have enough of that in the rest of our lives. why not let us have this part free of it? please?

Yep...Woodard and Doolittle both had 5. James and Lattin both had 3. When 3 of your 4 best players don't value the ball on the road, it usually leads to losses. That's the frustrating part.

no. I actually have spoken positive about it. I just dislike trollish people with evil intent. we have enough of that in the rest of our lives. why not let us have this part free of it? please?

Sports creates a broad range of emotions. Think politics. And we need to hit shots from the outside to open up the inside game if there is an inside game to open up. The outside shots don't need to be from beyond the arc but it would be nice to see the players not being afraid to take the intermediate length shots.

Last edited:

yeah the guy said isiah cousins too earlier.

anyone who says OU loses tonight is a moron. this ios an excellent game for OU no matter what. excellent stuff in this game.

I'm upset we didn't go to Cousins more in crunch time....damnit!:D

I'm upset we didn't go to Cousins more in crunch time....damnit!:D

and I was listening wondering "who in the world is he thinking about?"

If no one quotes him, I never have to read it!

Back