Barnes visit?

OKURanger

Reaction score
There are a few threads that discuss Doron Lamb's visit or the possibility of him coming to OU next season, but I'm not seeing the same amount of discussion on Harrison Barnes. He did make it in this past weekend, right? I felt that he would garner as much or more discussion as Lamb.

If he made it in, I'll patiently wait for some information to come out; I'm simply concerned that I missed a thread stating that Harrison couldn't make it in for some reason. Maybe he's not as close to committing as Doron is.

You haven't missed anything. There just hasn't been any news about his visit come out yet. I'm sure Henzo will have something this week.

Well if that is the case then Lamb should be ours!! But I still think Barnes ends up at duke or unc

If he is a one and done I'm not sure that Coach K will be that interested. I know, I know, John Wall...but I think that experience soured Coach K even more on recruiting guys that have a recognized shot at the NBA after their first season.

I think winning is important to Coach K., but I think it is more important for his "legacy" to be percieved as a guy who graduates players, etc. and still maintains a Top 10 program. I'd be curious to see what his recruiting pitch is these days.

I think the lack of discussion has to do with a number of factors.

On one hand, we talk about Doron Lamb more because most of us think/believe we have a real shot of getting him to sign; on the other side of the same coin, we don't talk about Harrison Barnes so much because most believe it is a two-horse race between UNC & Duke.

I think Capel can land Harrison Barnes, but if I had a chance to put money on it, I would decline. He is one of those recruits that I would honestly have to wait until he officially signed with OU before I really believed it possible.

We know Lamb's parents were here with him. Does anyone know if Barne's parents were here with him?

If he is a one and done I'm not sure that Coach K will be that interested. I know, I know, John Wall...but I think that experience soured Coach K even more on recruiting guys that have a recognized shot at the NBA after their first season.
I think winning is important to Coach K., but I think it is more important for his "legacy" to be percieved as a guy who graduates players, etc. and still maintains a Top 10 program. I'd be curious to see what his recruiting pitch is these days.

I agree with you except not with Harrison Barnes. He's on a whole 'nother level as a kid as well. He's super smart and academics is important. He's a Grant Hill type. You take those type of kids for one month if you can get them. He's super special. Just my opinion based on everything I've heard.

Coach K is backing off of that approach, quickly. Probably due to the recent tourney success. They have recruited a few one and done guys this year.

I believe it was James Hale on Animal Fodder show(97.1 fm Tulsa), mentioned Barnes and he said never say never when it comes to Capel bringing in kids.
Hale is on there everyday at 1045-11am.

I am frequently wrong.

Little tidbit...I got an email this morning from "Harrison Barnes" and thought that maybe this site had sent something out re: a commitment or something. Unfortuately, it was just some legal consultant or something named "Harrison Barnes".

Sucked.

haha, darn. I was hoping maybe Harrison had emailed you to let you in on where he was planning to commit.

haha, darn. I was hoping maybe Harrison had emailed you to let you in on where he was planning to commit.

It was on my iPhone and it was early that morning, just saw Harrison Barnes and got all excited. Rest assured, unless it is Harrison Barnes Sr., there is a legal consulting firm wll never use in my life.

Odd that you can't find a single site that has anything whatsoever on the Barnes visit. Nothing on ouinsider, here or anywhere else that I can find. If anyone has seen anything anywhere, a headup would be appreciated.

Odd that you can't find a single site that has anything whatsoever on the Barnes visit. Nothing on ouinsider, here or anywhere else that I can find. If anyone has seen anything anywhere, a headup would be appreciated.

Maybe he is a silent commit...really silent!

I agree with you except not with Harrison Barnes. He's on a whole 'nother level as a kid as well. He's super smart and academics is important. He's a Grant Hill type. You take those type of kids for one month if you can get them. He's super special. Just my opinion based on everything I've heard.

Heard he wants to be a business major. If he wants to be a mover and shaker on Wall Street he can't do any better than the Michael Price business school and then summer interning under Mr. Price.

Heard he wants to be a business major. If he wants to be a mover and shaker on Wall Street he can't do any better than the Michael Price business school and then summer interning under Mr. Price.

Indeed!

Back