Big 12 Big Monday Broadcasting Crew

JDSooners

Reaction score
I thought Mushburger and Bobby Knight were pretty bland in their call of the game.

I loved Knights insight, and how he called a play, and they teams would go opposite of him. He had some valid points on working down the game/shot clocks.

However I don't think Mushburger and Knight are the best mix.
Didn't Vitale have like Ron Franklin on his side?

I thought they were great. Knight was way better than any other color guy in terms of talking about the actual game.

watched the replay and the great knight proclaimed the game over just before tmg missed two free throws at the end of regulation. what up, knight? thanks for the jinx.

I didn't dislike Knight as much as I thought I would.

Of course, I hate almost all announcers anymore. I don't want their opinions, I don't want them to be cheerleaders. I want them to tell me what is happening, and to give factual insight when possible. That is it. I thought Knight, for the most part, did that.

I didn't dislike Knight as much as I thought I would.

Of course, I hate almost all announcers anymore. I don't want their opinions, I don't want them to be cheerleaders. I want them to tell me what is happening, and to give factual insight when possible. That is it. I thought Knight, for the most part, did that.

I personally think Knight is a great announcer. He knows basketball and he's just not up their hyping up players (ala Vitale), he's telling you what teams should be dong. For instance when he kept talking about whichever team has patience on the offensive end will be successful and what is when we overcame their lead and took our own lead when we did that exact thing. I like hearing a coach who knows what he is talking about out there.

I wish knight didn't have an espn job, I try to avoid him at all costs, couldn't last night though

I know it will never happen, but Gus Johnson and Bob Knight together would be classic.

I know it will never happen, but Gus Johnson and Bob Knight together would be classic.

This would be a great pairing of enthusiasm and basketball insight. There is no better moment each year in the tourney than a buzzer beater type game that Gus Johnson is calling.

Back