Records aside - Big 12's best teams?

Let’s hope we overcome our inability to win in Manhattan while ku continues its struggles in stilly. For some reason ou struggles against KSU and self with osu. Weird coincidence since they are their alma maters.

I see that, however they have won in that hellhole in Lawerence so they must be pretty damn good. Something OU hasn’t done since the early 90’s (hopefully that long nightmare ends this year).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that not winning since the early 90's and thought that can't be true. I looked it up and as you know, you are correct. 1993 was the last win in Lawrence. What is strange about that, is OU wasn't all that good in 1993. Tied for 5th in the Big 8 at 7-7. Hard to believe two final four teams and several other really good teams, including the Blake Griffin sophomore year but no win in Lawrence.

Let’s hope we overcome our inability to win in Manhattan while ku continues its struggles in stilly. For some reason ou struggles against KSU and self with osu. Weird coincidence since they are their alma maters.

I don’t think Kruger has ever won there. Maybe with Osby?

I read that not winning since the early 90's and thought that can't be true. I looked it up and as you know, you are correct. 1993 was the last win in Lawrence. What is strange about that, is OU wasn't all that good in 1993. Tied for 5th in the Big 8 at 7-7. Hard to believe two final four teams and several other really good teams, including the Blake Griffin sophomore year but no win in Lawrence.

Unfortunately Blake didn't get a chance at them in Lawrence his sophomore year. That was back when we only played the northern division schools once, and that season's game was in Norman. To make matter worse, Blake missed the game with a concussion. The '02 Final Four team lost in Lawrence but beat KU in Kemper in the finals of the Big 12 tournament.

I don’t think Kruger has ever won there. Maybe with Osby?

He's won there once with OU -- his first season. I'm sure he's won there with other teams.

After last night's game, everyone is down on WV. I don't think we've heard the last of Huggins crew. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if they turned around and won in Lawrence. KU has proven to be road warriors again this season, but they have shown chinks in their armor at AFH so far.

Yep Blake missed the game against KU his sophomore season, I think, after suffering a concussion at Texas. And if I remember correctly, he hurt his knee at Allen Fieldhouse his freshman season and didn’t finish the game.

Other than 2 yrs ago with Buddy’s magic game, where we could have won if Latin makes one of the one and one at the end of regulation, it seems like some of our best chances there have come teams that aren’t our strongest. We’ve had a handful of games there where we’ve led into the second half and they put together a run to take control late. LONG overdue for one to go our way.

Living here in KC I will always remember that last win. The KC sports media was making fun of Tubbs because he closed the practice/walkthrough. Evans went off.

We lost so many close games there. The FF4 Price team should have won there. Refs let KU go WVU on us and we couldn’t overcome it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back