Records aside - Big 12's best teams?

OU KU WV TT
TCU
KSU BU
OSU TX
ISU

Not much change for me in 2 weeks

If we are putting records aside, I don't understand how KU would be above OU on any list. Our team is much deeper and....Trae.

Because to be the man, you have to beat the man. OU has struggled with KU for years.

If we are putting records aside, I don't understand how KU would be above OU on any list. Our team is much deeper and....Trae.

I put KU above OU because KU can hit their outside shots while someone is harassing them and someone isn't always blowing up their bunnies. Plus their defense is consistently better. I think they're tougher than us right now.

Because to be the man, you have to beat the man. OU has struggled with KU for years.

I get that, but putting records aside to me is current and past records. Just looking at these teams right now...and not taking into consideration any of that, OU is better. But that's just one opinion. :)

Last edited:
I would bet right now West Virginia gets second in big 12 and does not get past the sweet 16 in the tourney

I see Kansas as still the favorite in the big 12 especially if they get those 2 players eligible

3rd I would see Tech, OU (Tech with the big win at KU could be the tiebreaker) if they split

If KU does not lose any more home games I suspect they will at least tie for league title again. I think WV will lose 1 at home and several on the road.

I only know OU is going to be in a lot of close games but don’t have a good feel for how we will fare. That’s why I still have KU up there because they seem to still have the ability to win most close games.

I know there were road wins early but going forward all road games will be tough and there are no byes at home either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only know OU is going to be in a lot of close games but don’t have a good feel for how we will fare.

Why do you feel that way? We've played four Top 10 teams in the past seven games and won three of them, two of those games on the road.

Lots of folks were concerned about Tech coming into Norman last night and it was a hard-fought game, but OU was impressive in the victory, I thought.

Lots of complementary words about OU on ESPN tonight.

Underrated toughness and defense.

Until someone beats them out Kansas is the best then it's a battle after that for 2nd

Until someone beats them out Kansas is the best then it's a battle after that for 2nd

But the question wasn't "Who's been the best program over the past dozen years?".

KU lost by a dozen at home to the team we just beat by 10 points. They beat TCU in Fort Worth, as we did. They squeaked by ISU at home; we routed oswho in Norman. They beat texas in a close one on the road, while we lost a tough game to WVU, but those opponents are hardly equivalent.

KU may well indeed win the conference crown again, especially the help of the Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Men at Allen Fieldhouse. But they're not playing any better right now than OU, WVU and Tech are.

Why do you feel that way? We've played four Top 10 teams in the past seven games and won three of them, two of those games on the road.

Lots of folks were concerned about Tech coming into Norman last night and it was a hard-fought game, but OU was impressive in the victory, I thought.

I was certainly one of those who were very "concerned" about Tech on this board before the game. However, after the game last night, I feel like we match up with them fairly well. I thought we pretty much took control of the game early in the 2nd half and were never seriously threatened...even though we never really got into a rhythm. I don't think we are going to go 15-3 in conference, but 13-5 or 12-6 is certainly within reason.

We have a chance for sure and I agree about last night. It appears teams will now be trying to limit our wing scoring. Bigs are going to have to step up. If we continue to play D like last night I like our chances.

If we continue to play D like last night I like our chances.

Yes, our defensive play last night was the most impressive aspect of that win. Hopefully we can keep it up.

I consider the past 2 games to be more what we should expect going forward. I loved our D last night but I am cautious because I was not impressed with Tech’s foot speed. They are well coached and fundamentally sound but not particularly quick on offense. I am still more worried about guys who can beat us off the dribble and create.

I don’t mean this to be negative at all and we have as good a chance as anyone to win this conference. It is just going to come down to some close games throughout the conference and who can finish more of them.

I consider the past 2 games to be more what we should expect going forward. I loved our D last night but I am cautious because I was not impressed with Tech’s foot speed. They are well coached and fundamentally sound but not particularly quick on offense. I am still more worried about guys who can beat us off the dribble and create.

I don’t mean this to be negative at all and we have as good a chance as anyone to win this conference. It is just going to come down to some close games throughout the conference and who can finish more of them.

I see that, however they have won in that hellhole in Lawerence so they must be pretty damn good. Something OU hasn’t done since the early 90’s (hopefully that long nightmare ends this year).

But the question wasn't "Who's been the best program over the past dozen years?".

KU lost by a dozen at home to the team we just beat by 10 points. They beat TCU in Fort Worth, as we did. They squeaked by ISU at home; we routed oswho in Norman. They beat texas in a close one on the road, while we lost a tough game to WVU, but those opponents are hardly equivalent.

KU may well indeed win the conference crown again, especially the help of the Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Men at Allen Fieldhouse. But they're not playing any better right now than OU, WVU and Tech are.

I agree. This "you gotta beat the king to be the king" stuff is about what happened in the past. Every year starts over and, while I see Kansas being tough, I haven't seen anything to indicate they're better than OU, Tech, or West Virginia. To me, those 4 teams are going to be the top 4 and it could go in any order. It wouldn't surprise me if there ended up being a 4 way tie for the conference championship.

Back