Big 12 OWNING the Pac-10.

I find this list humerous. OU is 4-3 and has not looked good all year...

Meanwhile, Tech is 8-0 with a top 10 win and two wins over the Pac-10 and they are not on your list. How do you assume OU and ISU will be in the NCAA Tournament with no consideration for Tech at this point?

You are hoping OU develops into a tourney team and expecting Tech to fall apart, yet you have seen nothing to indicate that will be the case.

Speaking of favorable schedules, Tech gets UTEP, Wichita State, and Stanford at home to bolster the non-conference resume. They also get Iowa State, Missouri, and Kansas State at home.

I wonder if OU was 8-0 and looked like Tech has, and if Tech was 4-3 and looked like OU has if you would have OU out and Tech in, lol. Probably not, considering Tech is 8-0 and you still don't have them as possibility.

I don't understand how you can be the eternal pessimist when it comes to OU, but on the keyboard, you become the eternal optimist when it comes to TU, Colorado, Tech, and ISU? Well I do understand, just wish u'd come clean.

How much have I posted here since the season started? Very little. I've thrown a post or two in threads about Big 12 games, usually not much more than the score of a Mizzou game. I'm not "trumpeting" wins. Nor have I gone on about Mizzou's recruits or Anderson. I've talked about some of Mizzou's recruits, but not beyond a few posts on Mitchell and Pressey (hardly even mentioned the others, as OU never recruited either). I haven't talked about Anderson in any post that wasn't responding to predictions of Mizzou finishing 9th in the Big 12.

I don't come here for validation. I come here because it's a Big 12 basketball board where there are fans of several other teams, but little to no discussion about kansas. I haven't found another Big 12 board that is active and diverse, but kansas isn't a constant topic. I do post on two different Mizzou boards, but both are still mostly in football mode. There are no other college boards that I visit. I'm not seeking outside validation. I'm just looking for discussion.

And yes... if you want to use an excuse like mine for VCU or San Diego, be my guest. I don't think the exact one will really fit, but I'm not one to laugh at excuses for losses like that. The better team doesn't always win, and there are always reasons for that.

I come here because it's a Big 12 basketball board where there are fans of several other teams, but little to no discussion about kansas.

I... I think you may have mistaken ouhoops.com for someplace else?

How much have I posted here since the season started? Very little. I've thrown a post or two in threads about Big 12 games, usually not much more than the score of a Mizzou game. I'm not "trumpeting" wins. Nor have I gone on about Mizzou's recruits or Anderson. I've talked about some of Mizzou's recruits, but not beyond a few posts on Mitchell and Pressey (hardly even mentioned the others, as OU never recruited either). I haven't talked about Anderson in any post that wasn't responding to predictions of Mizzou finishing 9th in the Big 12.

I don't come here for validation. I come here because it's a Big 12 basketball board where there are fans of several other teams, but little to no discussion about kansas. I haven't found another Big 12 board that is active and diverse, but kansas isn't a constant topic. I do post on two different Mizzou boards, but both are still mostly in football mode. There are no other college boards that I visit. I'm not seeking outside validation. I'm just looking for discussion.

And yes... if you want to use an excuse like mine for VCU or San Diego, be my guest. I don't think the exact one will really fit, but I'm not one to laugh at excuses for losses like that. The better team doesn't always win, and there are always reasons for that.

Here's the deal. This board has the most articulate and intelligent basketball message board poster of any board affiliated with the big 12. This board has the most tolerance for all posters and have banned few if any posters. We welcome any big12 talk. One of the board moderators likes three or four other big12 teams more than OU, and that's fine. I think a line must be drawn when we attack the main guy who brings the most info to this board for not acknowledging "your" team. It's not his job to acknowledge your team. His reference was really made in terms of Oregon, who is recruiting OU's top target Terrence Jones. That was the main purpose. He was pointing out that Kent losing his job is a positive for OU. You turned it into Mizzou being slighted.

Last edited:
I don't think abd is a moderator.

I thought he use to be? I thought BT was a moderator too! have I missed something?

I think he used to be. It would be nice if there were a listing of people who have mod powers on this board, for days when I am feeling like a gadfly.

What makes this board great is the sum of all parts. Like a true team. Not one piece any greater than another. Ego's need checked at the door.

I don't understand how you can be the eternal pessimist when it comes to OU, but on the keyboard, you become the eternal optimist when it comes to TU, Colorado, Tech, and ISU? Well I do understand, just wish u'd come clean.

I have Colorado winning 6 or 7 games, it's not like I think they are going to be great. I grew up a TU fan, so there is your answer there. Tech is playing well right now, no explanation needed there...

I believe in the foundation that OU has, and that post was not meant to say I have no faith in Oklahoma. The talent is there (there needs to be more talent in the paint), and I think the foundation of Pledger, TMG, and Tiny is the most talented trio of freshman in the Big 12.

My post to Bigtime was about Texas Tech, and not meant to be a slap at OU. They are 8-0 with a top 10 win, and until we see otherwise they should mentioned in post-season talk when you are talking about 7-8 teams from the Big 12 getting tournament bids.

I have Colorado winning 6 or 7 games, it's not like I think they are going to be great. I grew up a TU fan, so there is your answer there. Tech is playing well right now, no explanation needed there...

I believe in the foundation that OU has, and that post was not meant to say I have no faith in Oklahoma. The talent is there (there needs to be more talent in the paint), and I think the foundation of Pledger, TMG, and Tiny is the most talented trio of freshman in the Big 12.

My post to Bigtime was about Texas Tech, and not meant to be a slap at OU. They are 8-0 with a top 10 win, and until we see otherwise they should mentioned in post-season talk when you are talking about 7-8 teams from the Big 12 getting tournament bids.

I think me and you were the first to start picking Tech to be good. You liked the juco guys they brought in and I liked Singletary, Roberson and Okorie. The combination of all those guys have them as a very good team right now. It's a long season though.

I think me and you were the first to start picking Tech to be good. You liked the juco guys they brought in and I liked Singletary, Roberson and Okorie. The combination of all those guys have them as a very good team right now. It's a long season though.

I liked the juco guys they brought in addition to Roberson, Singletary, and Okorie. :)

You think Tech will make the dance? It is so hard to judge this early, thats why folks (especially me, lol) should watch their tongues when ripping on teams and praising others early in the year. But, that's what fans do.

usually I'm not about the whole conference solidarity thing, but what's the tally?

These debates about the tournament is where you youngsters get confused. The answer is 8 teams from the Big XII go to the dance. It was not remotely uncommon for 5 Big 8 teams to go and the Big 8 sent 6 one year. Rather than cut one of our own, we (Big XII fans) need to talk up the conference and hope to get 8 teams (9 is the samer pecentage as 6, so I don't think 8 is remotely out of the question).

Everyone does not need to freak out and start yapping that I am saying 8 teams will make it, I am not saying that. I am saying the Big XII region needs to promote itself and put pressure on the national media and the committee to take 8 teams. I guaranty the Big East (and its media) are going to promote the Big East. The ACC (and its media) are going to promote the ACC. I really think that the other major conferences have a lot to learn in this respect. If people in this part of the country do not believe 8 teams deserve to go, you can virtually guaranty that no one living in another conferece will believe it. Perhaps the Big XII falls short of the 8 team goal but that will make it much more likley that 6 or 7 teams go. I have actually read OU fans talk about 4 or 5 teams making it. That is insane. Our conference is never that bad (and if it is we should not admit).

You can believe that all you want Denver, but the Big 12 is not going to send 8 teams to the Dance, and most likely, we won't deserve to.

You can believe that all you want Denver, but the Big 12 is not going to send 8 teams to the Dance, and most likely, we won't deserve to.

Why? In the late 80s early 90s the Big 8 regularly sent 5 teams and once sent 6 teams. 5 teams is 62.5% of the conference. 62.5% of the Big XII is 7.5 teams. This conference should consistently send 7 teams and in good years send 8 and bad year is 6 and a freaking horrible year is 5. If you young people don't believe it, I guaranty no one else will. It is like the Big XII was formed and people in this part of the country said well we get 5 bids and now divide them between 12 teams. I say BS. We get 62.5% of our teams in the Tournament and we are getting screwed each and every time that does not happen.

Conceding a debate is just that. It is conceding and losing. As a conference we should expect 7 teams each and every year.

Mid-majors are a lot better now than they were in the 80s.
They're taking up more spots.

Back