Big 12 OWNING the Pac-10.

Why? In the late 80s early 90s the Big 8 regularly sent 5 teams and once sent 6 teams. 5 teams is 62.5% of the conference. 62.5% of the Big XII is 7.5 teams. This conference should consistently send 7 teams and in good years send 8 and bad year is 6 and a freaking horrible year is 5. If you young people don't believe it, I guaranty no one else will. It is like the Big XII was formed and people in this part of the country said well we get 5 bids and now divide them between 12 teams. I say BS. We get 62.5% of our teams in the Tournament and we are getting screwed each and every time that does not happen.

Conceding a debate is just that. It is conceding and losing. As a conference we should expect 7 teams each and every year.

How many teams from the SEC were dancing in the 80's? Should they get the same percentage now, even though only 3 or 4 have actually deserved it the past few years?

Mid-majors are a lot better now than they were in the 80s.
They're taking up more spots.

No there not. In the late 70s Whichata State was strong. Houston broke out the run and shoot in college football in the 80s. Nothing has changed other than the midmajors demanding more attentiong. Gonzaga is not winning more tournament games now that they are getting higher seeds.

Upsets always happened in the Tournament. The Big Conferences are just conceding the debate. Screw that. This is Big XII basketball and our conference deserves 7, 8 or 9 teams. It will not happen if the fans don't believe it.

This last year the Big 12 sent 6 teams while the ACC and Big 10 sent 7 each. As a conference, our record was better in the tournament than both of those and second only to the Big East's (they also sent 7). I agree with Denver that we should get as many as those conferences and maybe more if we have the deserving teams. I definitely think a Big 12 team with a winning conference record is more deserving than an ACC or Big East team with a losing conference record. And, we all know that our conference has been shafted in that scenario. Don't know that anyone gets 8 or more from now on because as JBaker says, there are too many good mid-majors.

ACC 7 9–6 .600
Big East 7 17–7 .708
Big Ten 7 9–7 .563
Big 12 6 11–6 .647
Pac-10 6 6–6 .500
Atlantic 10 3 3–3 .500
SEC 3 1–3 .250
Horizon 2 1–2 .333
Mountain West 2 0–2 .000
C–USA 1 2–1 .667 1
MAAC 1 1–1 .500 1
OVC 1 1–1 .500
Sun Belt 1 1–1 .500 1
WCC 2–1 .667 1

Last edited:
How many teams from the SEC were dancing in the 80's? Should they get the same percentage now, even though only 3 or 4 have actually deserved it the past few years?

I actually don't recall the SEC being all that strong in the 80s. Perhaps my memory is bad. Clearly Kentucky has always been strong. LSU has had some teams, Shaq played for LSU so did that guy that converted to terrorism, Chris something. Alabama is an underrated basketball program. Barkley was probably at Auborn in the early 80s. Arkansas had things going in the late 80s and early 90s. Regardless, I don't care how many teams from the SEC make the tournament, I care how often OU makes the Tournament and promoting the Big XII promotes that cause.

As far as I am concerned the SEC can give 100% of their bids to the midmajors, I just don't think the Big XII should do that.

Back