Big Play Ray

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Pledger on his teammate:

Ray Willis was different from what he is now. Now's he's really laid back, cool, more confident -- does his own thing on the court.

C'mon Ray. Turn that corner and make a big impact! :OUbball-logo:

I'm trying to decide what to make of that statement. I hope it turns into something positive.

I am pretty sure this is only a positive statement. He is saying he has matured as a player, forces plays less, is more relaxed and willing to play his role.

"Ray Willis was different from what he is now. Now's he's really laid back, cool, more confident."

I was not surprised by Pledger's comment. That sounds like the Ray Willis I observed on the bench when he was serving out his suspension last season. He seemed more relaxed, happier and ready to accept responsibility for his actions, than the pouting kid we saw when he was not getting the minutes he expected.

I believe there is a very good chance RW grew up during that period and we will see an entirely different player this season. Man, do I hope I'm right! A focused, more mature Ray Willis could really help us this year.

Back