Big props to Matt Hensley

3 or 4 years if I remember correctly. I think of all the OU assistants, Rabineaux, Tubbs, Lopes, he was my favorite and he'll have Detroit in the NCAA tourney real soon. His son was high on Kansas's list, but Kansas has become very established at PG with heirs like Johnson and Taylor and a good backup in Reed. He'll have to wait two years for PT.

Thanks for the link. I completely missed it on their home page because it was below the fold. Anyway, looks like we have a good shot. He's also not scared off by TMG, which is a good thing.

it sounds like Hardrick is not the only one in Norman. he mentioned still keeping up w/ Madu, broyles, others.

Can we get Matt Hensley a radio show? Atleast a 15min segment.

i think we hired ray mccallum prior to the 05 season. i think he replaced jimmy tubbs, who was brought in to recruit texas and failed to bring in anybody of consequence from texas.

i think we hired ray mccallum prior to the 05 season. i think he replaced jimmy tubbs, who was brought in to recruit texas and failed to bring in anybody of consequence from texas.

Tubbs was a very overrated recruiter. He did have connections to the AAU scene in Dallas, but the guys who he had connects on weren't program changers. A couple of small guards from Dallas, Horton, a kid that went to Michigan, and another kid that escapes me who went to TCU. He did get OU in on Darryl Arthur.

Just Googled and saw McCallum was only at OU two years. I was hoping he was there long enough for his son to be raised a Sooner fan.

I think OU is probably one of the better experiences for that family. He was screwed over at IU when Sampson was let go and he didn't get a shot at being the interim coach despite the players liking him. He was fired at Ball State as well.

Quick synopsis. Still has a lot of friends in Norman and that are going to OU. Likes Capel as a coach. Isn't afraid of playing with TMG. TMG was on an older team when they both were in Houston. Norman was probably his favorite place to live.

it sounds like Hardrick is not the only one in Norman. he mentioned still keeping up w/ Madu, broyles, others.

I don't have a subscription so didn't read the story, but as I recall Ray and Kellen Sampson are also close friends. Having Kellen around as a member of OU's staff can't hurt either.

I don't have a subscription so didn't read the story, but as I recall Ray and Kellen Sampson are also close friends. Having Kellen around as a member of OU's staff can't hurt either.

I am not saying you are wrong, but what is the age difference between him and kellen, 17 and 24? I know they were both coaches son's but it seems like a pretty big age difference for them to be close friends.

well it's obvious that he is probably 100% comfortable with Norman, Hardrick, Norman North people, Capel, Kellen, etc. he basically gushed about his experience in Norman and with Norman folks.

the main thing is that he's beginning to get serious looks from other schools such as UK, Zona, Michigan, UCLA, ND, Duke, Miami.

He's known TMG since the 4th grade and used to play with him, but it could be a factor in his decision.

Back