Billy Donovan should have taken the UK job

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
What the heck is going on at Florida? Is Donovan's ship sinking right before his eyes? With the team's second leading scorer last year, Alex Tyus, now planning to transfer, Billy D may find himself alone at the helm before long.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4077630

Updated: April 17, 2009, 4:02 PM ET
Donovan to lose another Gator

Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida forward Alex Tyus, the team's second-leading scorer last season, has decided to transfer.

Coach Billy Donovan announced Tyus' departure Friday, a move that leaves the Gators with little frontcourt depth heading into next season.

Guard Nick Calathes declared for the NBA draft, forward Allan Chaney opted to transfer and incoming freshman DeShawn Painter asked to be released from his scholarship. Throw in Marreese Speights (left early for NBA), Jonathan Mitchell (transferred last spring), and Jai Lucas (transferred just days before this past season), and Donovan could lose as many as seven players in about a year.

Tyus, a sophomore from St. Louis, averaged 12.5 points and 6.2 rebounds last season.

anyone know what's going on over there? i figured all was just peachy, other than reaching the NIT...

yea billy Donovan will not take the job.

I know. But in view of the problems he has in Florida at the moment, he might have been wise to take the job when UK offered it.

I know. But in view of the problems he has in Florida at the moment, he might have been wise to take the job when UK offered it.

he i guess problemly thinks that something will happen if he stays.:clap

he i guess problemly thinks that something will happen if he stays.:clap

Can somebody translate?

But yeah, Donovan really should have taken that job when his stock was high.

Last edited by a moderator:
billy donovan is over-rated and is 2 young for a legacy team.:clap

Back