Billy Gillispie?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Do you think he'll ever get another chance in a major conference? Or will he go the way of Larry Eustachy and end up at a Southern Miss. type school?

Do you think he'll ever get another chance in a major conference? Or will he go the way of Larry Eustachy and end up at a Southern Miss. type school?

Eddie Sutton got a chance after a cheating scandal at UK; however, oSu has always cheated so it made some sense.

Where is Billy G. these days anyway?

Eddie Sutton got a chance after a cheating scandal at UK; however, oSu has always cheated so it made some sense.

Where is Billy G. these days anyway?

Were there cheating accusations against Gillispie? I thought it was just some drinking issues, him not getting along with the administration at Kentucky and then them going to the NIT.

Anyway, I heard he's been spending a lot of time hanging out with his boy Self in Lawrence.

Last edited:
Just caught the edit. No...just throwing out a coach that used to coach at UK, left under a black cloud and that ended up at a halfway decent D-1 program.

Just caught the edit. No...just throwing out a coach that used to coach at UK, left under a black cloud and that ended up at a halfway decent D-1 program.

Halfway decent? The program was 6 foot under when he took over. He turned it into a very good program though

Probably a midmajor Texas school like Houston. It will have to be somewhere where DUI's are not considered a deal-breaker. Had too much success at UTEP and TAMU for an AD on the hotseat not to take the risk when the time comes.

Regarding Gillispie and his DUI situation, if I'm hiring a coach I'm not hinging on a DUI the coach acquired in the past. As long as the rest of his background is fine, he paid his dues to society, and has cleaned up after that, then I don't think it should keep him from getting a quality D1 job.

If I'm a program in Texas and I need to hire a coach I would seriously look at him. He's clearly shown he can do things when in the state of Texas where he is familiar with the culture and territory there, turning around UTEP and A&M.

I don't think Gillispie has cleaned up his act. I don't have alot of respect for him based on some personal things he's done to a friend.

I don't think Gillispie has cleaned up his act. I don't have alot of respect for him based on some personal things he's done to a friend.

Was your friend a player that ran the wrong way on the sideline [probably a poor reference to bo87r picture of Gillespie]...if it was something really bad, please disregard post as poor taste.

Was your friend a player that ran the wrong way on the sideline [probably a poor reference to bo87r picture of Gillespie]...if it was something really bad, please disregard post as poor taste.

nah, he's a user. He used people to raise his profile and then when he gets all that he needs from them, he throws them away.

Back