Blake Griffin says he's not soft

I have to completely disagree with what Skip Bayless has to say in this video. To blame Blake for only making it to the second round, and elite 8 in his college career is unfair. Blake did the most of what he could with the inconsistent guard play he had on his side. The UNC team he played has 4 NBA players who aren't just scrubs, Ty Lawson, Hansbrough, Wayne Ellington, and sharpshooter Danny Green.

The only #1 picks I can think of that carried there team far in the tournament are Blake, Derrick Rose, and Anthony Davis. However, Anthony Davis did play on a loaded Kentucky team.

As far as Blake's rep in the NBA, he's not soft...he just doesn't retaliate. Difference in being soft and stupid. And to think Skip Bayless watches OU Basketball is laughable.

I don't know that I'd call Blake soft, but I wouldn't really call him tough either. Dude is definitely a finesse big man.

I don't know that I'd call Blake soft, but I wouldn't really call him tough either. Dude is definitely a finesse big man.

Tell that to all the guys that he dunks on. I would hardly call him a finesse bigman. To me that would describe someone like Duncan or Dirk. Blake is all about attacking the rim.

Carmelo Anthony had a national championship win over a great Kansas team.

I have to completely disagree with what Skip Bayless has to say in this video. To blame Blake for only making it to the second round, and elite 8 in his college career is unfair. Blake did the most of what he could with the inconsistent guard play he had on his side. The UNC team he played has 4 NBA players who aren't just scrubs, Ty Lawson, Hansbrough, Wayne Ellington, and sharpshooter Danny Green.

The only #1 picks I can think of that carried there team far in the tournament are Blake, Derrick Rose, and Anthony Davis. However, Anthony Davis did play on a loaded Kentucky team.

As far as Blake's rep in the NBA, he's not soft...he just doesn't retaliate. Difference in being soft and stupid. And to think Skip Bayless watches OU Basketball is laughable.

Greg oden made a run too, I think to the finals

Is it such a bad thing if Blake is considered a nice guy? It sure makes him marketable!

Yeah this idea of being soft is ludicrous. Blake is one of the most physical big men in the NBA. He takes and gives a pounding on every play. He needs to improve, but lack of physicality is the farthest thing from a problem for him.

And crying every time you get bumped, and no foul is called.

So LeBron isn't tough? Flopping/ complaining and being tough aren't mutually exclusive. You're doing your team a disservice by not flopping/ complaining, because it does work some percentage of the time, and there isn't really any penalty for doing so. The NBA needs to fix that ASAP, but it's the reason you see so many guys doing it.

He could be much better defensively if he set his mind to it. I won't say soft is the right word - I think he just likes to save himself for offense. He needs to foul out of more games. "Desire" is a better word.

I remember in the game against NC in the Elite 8 he had 1 foul late in the game and was still not challenging Lawson as he was taking it to the hoop. He still plays too much like that in the NBA.

He could be much better defensively if he set his mind to it. I won't say soft is the right word - I think he just likes to save himself for offense. He needs to foul out of more games. "Desire" is a better word.

I remember in the game against NC in the Elite 8 he had 1 foul late in the game and was still not challenging Lawson as he was taking it to the hoop. He still plays too much like that in the NBA.

Agreed. He has a lot to work on, and I've been disappointed in his lack of improvement, but he's certainly nothing close to "soft."

Back