Blake's 1st Summer League game tonight at 7:30 (with link to watch online)

I think Blake faced better competition in some high school games. But he'll be a star at the NBA level.

27 and 12 is his final numbers, spent a lot of time late on the perimeter showing off his handles.

Also David Monds is playing pretty well for the Lakers.

I think Blake faced better competition in some high school games. But he'll be a star at the NBA level.

While they aren't exactly All Stars playing out there they aren't scrubs either. These guys were all good college players and are having success either in the D-League or overseas.

Obviously, though, Blake is on a whole other level. :)

Most encouraging thing about tonights game was that most of his buckets were scored in unBlake like ways.

Last edited:
Yeah Dirty, he showed a good face up game and overall a very different Blake then we saw in college. He was still the same explosive force but you can tell he is benefiting from the court being more open and teams not automatically double teaming him. While everyone he is going against isn't NBA quality players, these guys are just as good or better then the competition he played vs in college.

Blake just took it away from Morrison for a nice put back.

How many years has Morrison been in the league? sucks that he sucks so bad he's on the summer league team, but then again, I bet its hard to fill the Lakers roster if you don't have much of a chance to make the final 12 man roster

i wasnt able to catch any of the game but from reading the blog, i am a bit nervous/wary/uneasy.

dont get me wrong, his #'s were great and sounds like he simply dominated. but i was and still am worried about him possibly becoming a "tweener" type of player. idk, maybe i'm crazy.

not a true 4 100% of the time. i mean shooting 3s? i know he made it, but i just dont think he should be hanging out on the wing too terribly often. you know?

No way is he a tweener. He already commanded a double team and took it to guys with the dribble. Could have had about four additional assist if his teammates would have converted. By far the best player in this year and next year's draft and 1B in the 2008 draft with Rose.

No way is he a tweener. He already commanded a double team and took it to guys with the dribble. Could have had about four additional assist if his teammates would have converted. By far the best player in this year and next year's draft and 1B in the 2008 draft with Rose.

pardon my french but 1B my ass. He's better than Rose.

I think it's too early to say. A guy like Rose gets the ball in his hands every play and makes an impact each possession. What I liked about the Clips yesterday is they gave Blake alot of freedom. Capel gave him about as much freedom as you can give a college PF, but the Clips let him bring it up, attack from the wing and even the key.

Back