Blakes Mailbag

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Source Link

Clippers No. 1 Draft Pick Blake Griffin will be answering your questions during the 2009-10 season.
Read Blake's answers to your questions below or submit your own question to be answered during the season. Be sure to check Clippers.com each Monday to read the latest edition of Blake's Mailbag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted by Blake Griffin | October 19, 2009 @ 12:17 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, it’s not going be the same without seeing you in an OU jersey. My question is who did you look up to when you were growing up and who is your favorite sports hero?
Grant Brown, Norman, OK
Blake Griffin: Growing up I looked up to both my father and my brother Taylor. My favorite sports hero was Michael Jordan.

I never hear anything about your love life. I'm so curious!
Savanah Matin, Richmond, VA
BG: I’m currently single, but I am looking for that special someone.

The posters on the ESPN Clipper board have been suggesting possible nicknames for you. Do you have a nickname yet?
P.S. Looked great against Golden State btw. Excited for this year.
Robert Davis, Huntington Beach, CA

BG: Thanks Robert. I do have a nickname: “Amazin’” is what they call me.

Hey Blake, I am the only Clippers fan from Pittsburgh here on the east coast. I was just wondering what your expectations are for this upcoming season? Any championships in your future? Good luck this year! Ben Derda, Pittsburgh, PA
BG: I think we can definitely make the playoffs this season; and yes, a championship is definitely at the top of my list of goals.

What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mery, Houston, TX
BG: I love a good birthday cake ice cream and chocolate chip cookie dough.

Hi Blake, are you considering growing any type of facial hair? If you don't mind me making a recommendation, I think something similar to what Brian Skinner has going on would really suit you. Also, do you plan on breaking any backboards with powerful dunks this year?
Zuni Salas, Malibu, CA
BG: I may grow a beard, but I don’t know about the B-Skin look. I don’t know if I can pull that off as well as he does. As for the backboards, I will try my hardest.

Blake, man, your attitude and work ethic is what I aspire to have. My question is, have you ever been doubted or had people tell you that you’re not good enough? If so, how did you mentally get around that? Take care. Nathaniel McCoy, Australia
BG: I have been doubted over and over and over again. The only thing I did was work through it and not to worry about it.

Beezy, where are some pictures for my wall here at the house? Please find soft landings during your scorers’ table bungie jumping.
Coach Dee, Oklahoma City, OK
BG: The photos are on their way, coach. I can’t make any promises about the soft landings though…

Hey Blake, who would you say you are closest with on the squad so far?
Clayton Wagner, Los Angeles, CA
BG: I’m closest with DJ, Chris Kaman. I’m also close to the rest of the bigs because we spend so much time together.

Now that you have been settled in Los Angeles for awhile now, what's your favorite place in LA and how do you like living here so far?
James Stewart, San Pedro, CA
BG: My favorite place in LA besides the gym is my loft. I love living in LA. You can’t beat the weather, there’s plenty to do and some great food spots.

If you were to be a guest star on a show, what would it be and why?
Natalya, Chicago, IL
BG: I would want to guest star on Entourage or The Office because those are my two favorite shows. Or I would want to be a guest star on Family Guy because they wouldn’t have to change my last name.

BG: Thanks for all of your questions this week and I will see you again soon!

just when i can't love him any more he goes and drops birthday cake ice cream on me. now i'm sure if i eat enough of it i'll have the same body he does.

and yeah, he definitely needs a better nickname. too bad barkley already gave timmy d "groundhog day."

Only one alias comes to mind when i think of BG "The Beast"!!! Instead of Blake Griffin, it would be "Beast" Griffin.

Last edited:
He's such a great kid. Couldn't be prouder thinking of him as a good example of an Oklahoman. His parents should write a book on how they brought him up.

Back