One More Win

Boom Soon

Reaction score
Well it’s been a rollar coaster ride up to this point, but Oklahoma needs just one more win to secure a tournament birth. They’ve got four games to do it. What do you think their record is for the last four games? I would love to think they could 2-2 but I doubt it. I’d say 1-3 is probably most likely. I don’t see them losing four straight but it is a tough four game stretch. What are your thoughts?

Clones struggled at home yesterday but that will be real tough as will houston. Obviously must sweep cincy and win a revenge game against the horn would be great!

Clones struggled at home yesterday but that will be real tough as will houston. Obviously must sweep cincy and win a revenge game against the horn would be great!
Hopefully they can bottle up some of the sooner magic they received yesterday

I'm going to say 2-2. We'll get Cincinnati at home on Senior Night. Texas has not been playing great...

But I think we'll get Houston at home. It's like the Lon Kruger KSU curse but in reverse. They're playing great, but every away game they've played has been a single digit game. I like Sooners to get a big one and secure their berth.

But I think we'll get Houston at home. It's like the Lon Kruger KSU curse but in reverse. They're playing great, but every away game they've played has been a single digit game. I like Sooners to get a big one and secure their berth.
Can't say I agree....but I'll 100% take it. Lol! Make it so.

Mostly agree that one more win gets us in the tourney. Would feel a lot better with beating Cincy at home and grabbing a W this week. That would practically guarantee a bid.

The good news is, based on our remaining schedule, we have avoided any bad losses (Q3) with the worst loss being Texas at home (currently #41 NET). A loss at home to Cincy would be the worst loss of the season, so that is why it might be the most important game left, outside a 7/10 matchup in KC.

The reason I say I mostly agree is due to the fact in our 8 losses, all but one (TTU at home) was by practically double digits. Lost at TCU by 9 but the rest of the games weren't close. If we do beat Cincy at home, but lose by double digits in the other three games, I think a good win and outing in KC would be needed to avoid the bubble watch on Selection Sunday.

This team is good enough to win all four games if everyone plays to their capabilities like most did in the second half and OT in Stillwater and we can hit shots. Avoid TOs. It would be tough to sweep this week, but not out of the realm of possibility. ISU isn't really blowing teams out and Houston is a different team on the road. And Texas has been as inconsistent as anyone. But on the flip side, if JMac shot is off, Tega disappears, and Godwin and Moore are in foul trouble, we could also lose all four games.

But I'm like BoomSoon and pnkranger- I think we're in and we go 2-2.

Mostly agree that one more win gets us in the tourney. Would feel a lot better with beating Cincy at home and grabbing a W this week. That would practically guarantee a bid.

The good news is, based on our remaining schedule, we have avoided any bad losses (Q3) with the worst loss being Texas at home (currently #41 NET). A loss at home to Cincy would be the worst loss of the season, so that is why it might be the most important game left, outside a 7/10 matchup in KC.

The reason I say I mostly agree is due to the fact in our 8 losses, all but one (TTU at home) was by practically double digits. Lost at TCU by 9 but the rest of the games weren't close. If we do beat Cincy at home, but lose by double digits in the other three games, I think a good win and outing in KC would be needed to avoid the bubble watch on Selection Sunday.

This team is good enough to win all four games if everyone plays to their capabilities like most did in the second half and OT in Stillwater and we can hit shots. Avoid TOs. It would be tough to sweep this week, but not out of the realm of possibility. ISU isn't really blowing teams out and Houston is a different team on the road. And Texas has been as inconsistent as anyone. But on the flip side, if JMac shot is off, Tega disappears, and Godwin and Moore are in foul trouble, we could also lose all four games.

But I'm like BoomSoon and pnkranger- I think we're in and we go 2-2.
1 regular season win against any of the 4 teams makes OU a mortal lock

Hope you're right Boulder! I lean that way but have PTSD from 2022. Lol.

The good thing is all teams are #45 or higher in the NET, so all or any would be a good win.

But would feel much better with 2 of 4. Don't want to get to KC needing a win to feel sure about locking in a bid.

lol.. honestly I think we have a shot to lose all 4. Stuff happens.

I’ll rank games in easier to harder..

Cinncy Norman
Horns austin (my bad)
Clones at isu
Houston Norman

I’ll go with 1-3..at most likely. Decent shot to go 2-2.
Boomer

* I'm guessing the horns/isu games are about even as far as winnability...my bad on location.

Last edited:
1-3 is my prediction, but I'm cautiously hoping it's 2-2. Really rough stretch upcoming.

Cinncy Norman
Horns Norman
Clones at isu
Houston Norman

Boomer

Horns game’s in Austin unfortunately. Gotta get that Cincy game.

Cinncy Norman
Horns Norman
Clones at isu
Houston Norman

Boomer
We play in Austin

I agree that this should be the case although only a win against Cincy and no wins in the post season tournament will have me nervous on selection Sunday. This is especially true if there are a lot of post season tournament surprise winners.

Regardless, if we go 0-2 this week the pressure in the Cincy game is going to be immense. No one wants to play the last game in Austin needing that win. And I am expecting 0-2 this week although I believe we are capable of somehow winning 1. But that game against Houston is the game OU basketball desperately needs.

Yes, we destroyed Bama at home last year but that had no long lasting impact. This game would be so much bigger. We finally win a big conference game at home against a super team on paper, the players and fans get to celebrate together, and Moser gets a win over the elephant in the room. OU bball needs this!

I'm gonna say 2-2 to be safe. But I think the OSU win could give this team the emotional lift that they need just at the right time as we head towards the post season. I could see us upsetting one of the ranked teams. Porter did it last year against Alabama when no one gave us a chance.

One thing interesting, is that our body of work is almost identical to BYU...and yet, they are 14 and we are 39.

We both have 2 top25 wins and they have a worse loss to 113 OSU and 73 KSU.
Our worst losses are to 69 UCF and 40 Texas

SOS for BYU - 72 (317 noncon)
SOS for OU - 68 (324 noncon)

They just have a better offense, which the NET seems to care more about.

One thing interesting, is that our body of work is almost identical to BYU...and yet, they are 14 and we are 39.

I haven’t understood the BYU thing all season. Never mind the fact that we beat them by 16.

I feel like we can win against Cincy or Texas. I really hope both, especially UT as they really shouldn't have been able to beat us at home. We've beat ISU before, so in theory there's a chance there as well, but we'll have to see how it plays out. I'd LOVE for us to go 3-1, as this would show us how much intestinal fortitude this team has as the season winds down, but if it's like previous seasons, we could go 1-3, or 0-4. I thought we were for sure losing that second bedlam game and was so frustrated that I turned it off, only to realize we somehow pulled it out, so you just never know with that Sooner magic!!

I think it is margin of victory/loss, as well (which I think should be weighted less than it currently is).

Unfortunately, ou has been throttled in most of its losses which is apparently hurting our metrics.

Back